Talk

Advanced search

Daily mail link but apparently you can change gender many times

(20 Posts)
SookiesSocks Sat 01-Apr-17 01:32:23

I think the best bit is this gem
Not only am I a real women; I would go even further to say that a transgender woman has more claim to womenhood that ( it should be than) a "biological" women

link

This is damaging to transpeople and it shows imo that the mental health of the person is very very important and should not be dismissed.

Bue Sat 01-Apr-17 03:37:36

confused

I'm actually struggling for words.

miri1985 Sat 01-Apr-17 03:58:55

The amount of contradictions is startling:
"You can’t turn back into a man because whatever defines the male has been completely removed, so how can you bring it back?"

‘I don’t need another operation to feel that I am a woman,’ she says. ‘Does it really matter what’s “down there?” What’s in your head, heart and soul only matters.’

‘Not only am I a real woman; I would go even further to say that a transgender woman has more claim to womanhood that a “biological” woman. ‘A transgender woman has reached womanhood by the arduous path of achievement rather than by accident of nature. Those who climb Mount Everest have a greater claim to winning that peak than someone accidentally dropped there by helicopter.’
I didn't know womanhood was a competition, notice to self Miri, must try harder

"life as a woman was disappointing and ‘shallow’."
I mean life is what you make it, some women just like some men are shallow and as a man or a woman this person seems as shallow as a puddle

‘I’m a female who can take on any man and compete, rather than just be frilly and confined by all the glamour and nice clothes, which gets a bit boring in the end.’
I have never heard an actual businesswoman describe things like this, they just seem to get on with it and not look down on their sex as shallow, vapid, narcissists like this person looks at women

I mean how could you go back to living as a man after vocal feminisation surgery, it creates such a high pitched breathy voice and is irreversible. This person didn't receive proper therapy and theres no one to blame except themselves and the medical community.

Sulis87 Sat 01-Apr-17 06:03:27

You can’t turn back into a man because whatever defines the male has been completely removed, so how can you bring it back?

I find this fascinating. So being a man is defined by biology, but being a woman is defined by feelings. I think this pinpoints why men don't seem concerned about transmen appropriating manhood.

Lessthanaballpark Sat 01-Apr-17 06:17:25

It's a confused feeling when you read the Daily Mail comments and find yourself agreeing with them.

Terfinator Sat 01-Apr-17 06:19:45

April Fools Day, maybe?

Honeyandfizz Sat 01-Apr-17 07:23:06

Yes clearly an Aprils fool, it has to be right?! shock

SookiesSocks Sat 01-Apr-17 07:35:53

Sadly not an April fools.

Although I am not sure I fully trust the DM and their ability to post truthful quotes.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 01-Apr-17 07:37:54

That quote about having more right to a claim to womanhood than a biological woman is terrible. How fucking deluded. Do they not think that biological woman have had to struggle their whole lives?

MrsDoylesTeabags Sat 01-Apr-17 07:42:25

I think that this person obviously has some serious mental issues and it's scary that someone can have such drastic surgery to their body without dealing with what's going on in the mind

picklemepopcorn Sat 01-Apr-17 07:54:35

Helicoptered into being a woman. Damn, if I'd known I had access to my own helicopter, think of all the glass ceilings I could have shattered... As it was, I was busy balancing morning sickness, mastitis, caring for sick kids, dodging grabby boss hands etc.

Datun Sat 01-Apr-17 08:20:34

This guy has serious issues. In the DM article he says he's better than a biological woman, but in this article he says this:

People who think they are a woman trapped in a male body are, in my opinion, completely deluded.

www.queerty.com/man-who-had-2-sex-changes-wants-them-banned-as-theyre-only-for-the-completely-deluded-20101109#comments

MariafromMalmo Sat 01-Apr-17 08:25:15

You can’t turn back into a man because whatever defines the male has been completely removed, so how can you bring it back?

Glad to see how many other people picked up on this.
Would be just fascinated to read an evaluation of this person against Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Datun Sat 01-Apr-17 08:56:01

MariafromMalmo

People who understand the trans-ideology get that straight away. When you hear all the justification for the reason why they are as they are, and then they completely contradict it, it's obvious. And yes to narcissistic.

I just don't think the general public are fully aware of the gaping holes in this ideology. They're firmly wedded to the 'born in the wrong body'. narrative.

Hopefully they will be reminded of this chap when someone says I'm a woman, I've been female since
birth and nothing can change my mind (until it does, and then I can change it back again because I'm mentally ill).

Edsheeranalbumparty Sat 01-Apr-17 09:06:06

But Sam counters: ‘Not only am I a real woman; I would go even further to say that a transgender woman has more claim to womanhood that a “biological” woman.

‘A transgender woman has reached womanhood by the arduous path of achievement rather than by accident of nature. Those who climb Mount Everest have a greater claim to winning that peak than someone accidentally dropped there by helicopter.’

ODFOD

DJBaggySmalls Sat 01-Apr-17 10:15:08

‘My view is, as long as you feel like a woman, that is what you are. You don’t need to have an operation, you don’t need anything.’

OlennasWimple Sat 01-Apr-17 10:46:34

The helicopter shit is ridiculous

And ‘As Charles, I still sometimes wanted to wear a blouse or a pretty ring, and wear my hair long - so why not just do it! Men can wear blouses, rings and long hair!

But the message about not rushing into transitioning is interesting, and should perhaps be trumpeted a bit more widely and louder, especially how irreversible it is.

(As an aside, the 80s were a truly terrible decade fashion-wise, weren't they?)

IvyLeagueUnderTheSea Sat 01-Apr-17 11:11:25

It's bullshit like this that makes life so hard for the majority of trans people. It muddies the waters for someone already struggling.

Sandsnake Sat 01-Apr-17 11:13:51

It sounds to me like this person has very significant issues. The Daily Mail - as is their way - have used them to annoy people and gain advertising revenue via clicks. I don't think that the case of Sam / Charles has anything to add to the wider trans debate.

I am actually fairly gender critical, especially after reading threads on Mumsnet. But I don't think that an extreme DM example is a good example of a wider issue, in the same way that I don't think their 'mother on benefits has 9 kids by 7 fathers' type stories have any real relevance to debates on welfare.

picklemepopcorn Sat 01-Apr-17 14:15:54

I'd agree sandsnake, but this narrative seems to drive policy at the moment in the same way as the benefit scrounger pregnant teenage mum getting a council house scenario has driven policy. It needs to be exposed for want it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now