Talk

Advanced search

I have a confession to make..........

(15 Posts)
Usui101 Fri 31-Mar-17 22:14:58

Is it really really bad that I am finding the Christian Right Wingers are the only ones talking sense on the transgender issue?

Gah! What happened to me!

DJBaggySmalls Fri 31-Mar-17 22:35:07

Have you been listening to what radical feminists have been saying about transgender issues? smile

VestalVirgin Sat 01-Apr-17 00:31:02

You are not alone. Radical feminists have been forced to ally with conservative women to fight the idiocy.

I somewhat feel that is an omen that the end is near. Like, I dunno, calves with two heads being born and shit.

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 00:35:14

It is. The end is high. We are all doomed. I'm off to join a cult.

Pallisers Sat 01-Apr-17 00:39:51

Is it really really bad that I am finding the Christian Right Wingers are the only ones talking sense on the transgender issue?

I live in the USA and they are practically the only ones objecting to women's spaces being rendered gender neutral. Unfortunately their motivation and their trajectory is such that I simply cannot get behind them. I try to talk to my children about it and have managed to get DH to understand my point but basically I feel your pain.

But in one sense the US does deal with it practically. We were touring colleges recently with our teen and we noticed that most now have "Male" "Female" and "Gender Neutral" toilets which is perfectly fine and a great solution. My children's schools have the same.

I don't want any trans gendered young person to feel uncomfortable going to the bathroom. I just don't want to set us on a path that makes being a woman a subset of being a man

WobblyLegs5 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:53:34

That citizen go was the only petition to the self id gender bill really bothered me. But I signed it anyways cause if my girls are harmed by this self id crap then I would be kicking myself for not siding with the enemy just because right wingers make me cringe in horror. Just because we agree on certain points with them doesn't mean we side with them. And while I agree with them on no self id laws/female only spaces etc I don't agree that's because tw should just shut up & put up with being male (&vice versa). I'm 100% ok with people with gender dysphoria living however makes it easier & v pro gnc, so we can agree on no self id law but with different underlying reasons.

Usui101 Sat 01-Apr-17 11:54:20

Titanias I think booking passage to Mars might just be the solution grin

Seriously though why on earth haven't governments picked up and addressed the underlying issues of the feminising effects of EDC's, xenoestrogens and phenols?

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 17:35:53

Yep, book me a flight.

I found myself agreeing with some of the views of a white supremacist the other day - the effects of uncontrolled immigration on society. Then I grabbed a hold of myself and poured myself a stiff drink.

The world has indeed gone mad when the butters are starting to make some sense.

Also, giving these so called trans children hormone blockers and drugs that cause sterility and possibly cancer in years to come, we dont know the long term effects. Why are people not protesting this? If you send your child to school with a lunch box full of e numbers and sugar everyone loses their minds.

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 17:36:25

Nutters I meant.

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 17:39:07

There is thread on here at the moment asking obese people to list what they eat in a day. If its a small amount the skinny people just don't believe us fatties. There must be crap going in the food that is causing these obesity issues in my opinion.

VestalVirgin Sat 01-Apr-17 17:57:17

Why are people not protesting this? If you send your child to school with a lunch box full of e numbers and sugar everyone loses their minds.

Probably because as of yet, no one has managed to convince parents that their children will commit suicide if they're not given as much sugar and e-numbers as they want.

Also, if you give a lesbian or gay child sugar, their sexual orientation, or the way their sexual orientation is perceived by others, doesn't change.

There's some parents who give their children unhealthy and too much food to shut them up and keep them busy, but in general, children complaining that they don't want to eat their vegetables is not perceived as a particularly pressing problem.

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 18:00:43

But gay and lesbian children are not taking hormone blockers and drugs that cause sterility and possibly cancer all before the age of 18. Sometimes starting really young.

TitaniasCloset Sat 01-Apr-17 18:03:13

How does a nine year old know that they never want to have children? How do any of us know what the effect of delaying puberty does to the psychological growth of a teen?

Clonakilty Sun 02-Apr-17 04:29:38

Look at the other thread with the video by Magdalen Berns.

Clonakilty Sun 02-Apr-17 04:31:56

It's called 'Are-Genital-Preferences-Transphobic?'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now