Talk

Advanced search

Trans Day of Visibility

(44 Posts)
ghostlyghoulie Fri 31-Mar-17 09:53:14

Apparently today is "Trans Day of Visibility" #tdov. For those on Twitter there also seems to be some people using #DontTransKids to coincide with this. Might be worth supporting if you are interested in more open discussion about transgender issues surrounding the treatment of kids in particular.

MightyMikey Fri 31-Mar-17 11:48:08

Here's India (Jonathan) Willoughby's article in Pink News - totally blaming TERFS for - something, I'm not quite sure what!
And being quite angry at the crossdressing men for making it more difficult for everyone to see that she is a Real Lady.
This is her contribution to Trans Visibility Day:
IW Ranting
For me, India is still not explaining what the difference is between her full-time delusion that she is a proper woman and a part-timer crossdresser who likes/needs to play with feminine stereotypes.

MorrisZapp Fri 31-Mar-17 11:57:47

Pa ha ha ha! Comedy gold. India Whatsit wants to police who goes into the ladies. How exactly? What in the name of all the sparkly unicorns is a 'real transwoman'? Where does this leave self identification?

And what, precisely, is India's objection to Ian Huntleys new identity as a transwoman?

Datun Fri 31-Mar-17 11:58:56

God, the hypocrisy is rank. Being trans is a feeling in your head. That's the entire premise.

They campaigned vociferously to be allowed to claim womanhood on the basis of an internal feeling. And now, because everyone can see it for the load of shite it is, they are changing the goalposts.

There IS no definition of trans. There can't be. It's entirely subjective.

They wanted to remove gender dysphoria as part of the criteria. Well this is what happens.

I'd love to go backwards. You have gender dysphoria, you get treatment in which ever way alleviates your symptoms.

You don't get to claim you have always been a woman due to feeling in your head. You stay out of women's spaces.

Her saying 'women like me' don't want this. The breathtaking arrogance and hypocrisy is mind numbing. She doesn't want it because it is making her look bad. When she is one of the most high-profile trans-women who make the entire thing look bloody awful!

Datun Fri 31-Mar-17 12:03:16

She criticises and abuses Jenny Murry and Germaine Greer, whilst at exactly the same time saying the reason why they actually have a point is because of transvestites.

When it was Jenny Murry who cited India's version of 'genuine trans-women' (including India herself for fuck's sake) as the reason she was questioning. Not transvestites, not chancers, actual transwomen, like India.

Terfinator Fri 31-Mar-17 12:06:03

India has quite serious issues I think. She's very aggressive and overly-defensive about everything. sad

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Fri 31-Mar-17 12:10:48

Yep, got this at work this morning - apparently we've raised over £35k as an organisation for LGBT charities including Mermaids.

I'd love to point out that it's probably not wise to support a charity that encourages the sterilisation of GNC children and has been seen as saying that they want to keep trans separate to gay because they don't want to be seen as deviant.

Probably more than my job's worth though to question it.

MightyMikey Fri 31-Mar-17 12:19:13

To me there is a ramping up of going "full" trans, which starts with wearing female underwear (usually their sisters or mothers) at puberty. Progressing to full woman's clothing (behind closed doors in the closet) in early-mid 20's. Pushing the envelope in their 30's by going out in, what can only be described as "drag". To being a full-time woman sometime in their late 30's/early 40's.

At what stage do you call yourself a woman who has always been a woman - or is it that the dopamine and serotonin needs to be topped up, like a drug addict - always needing more.

Besides, who would be the trans police - who would decide when and by what means you are a TRUE AND REAL Trans Woman - because I really don't know.

venusinscorpio Fri 31-Mar-17 13:03:27

And what, precisely, is India's objection to Ian Huntleys new identity as a transwoman?

I know. Fancy misgendering and deadnaming poor Lian. Ian died and Lian was born.

Bambambini Fri 31-Mar-17 20:33:09

I've seen other TW talking about India on twitter - they are quite critical. They think India is bad for the Trans image and there seems to be a lot if eye rolling going on.

I wonder what the likes of Kaye Adams and JSP really thinks of them.

WobblyLegs5 Fri 31-Mar-17 20:48:24

I basicly just said this on the other thrend & got told off for being goady & given a donut. Atleast one feminist thinks india made great points in this article.....

Bambambini Fri 31-Mar-17 21:14:37

OMG! India has went full TERF! 😱

squirreltrap Fri 31-Mar-17 21:21:07

Didn't predict that the transgender activists would turn on themselves....what joy

Poppyred85 Fri 31-Mar-17 21:33:35

India's just quoted from TERF 101! Transvestites aren't real transwomen, only those who live it full time, have had surgery and hormones are. Wtf is going on? I can't keep up with this flip flopping, gas lighting definition changing new world order. My head hurts and I need a lie down!

Datun Fri 31-Mar-17 21:41:39

India is no more a real woman than a transvestite is. She is hoping that if she is given an inch she can take a mile. She is hoping that her assertion that she is a woman will carry more weight.

Datun Fri 31-Mar-17 21:42:12

It's insidious and very clever. And many people will be manipulated.

Lottapianos Fri 31-Mar-17 21:49:41

'or is it that the dopamine and serotonin needs to be topped up, like a drug addict - always needing more.'

That's an interesting theory -needing a bit more of a thrill / fix / risk every time, culminating in 'living as a woman' and talking about having a 'female brain', whatever either of those things mean

DJBaggySmalls Fri 31-Mar-17 21:52:00

Its a disingenuous article; it lays claim to women only spaces and attempts to redraw the borders.

Terfinator Fri 31-Mar-17 22:02:44

I complained to ITV about India after she repeatably verbally attacked Jenni Murray. ITV responded by saying that she isn't (and has never been) a panelist on Loose Women. confused

Bambambini Fri 31-Mar-17 22:05:01

What is India thinking? They've just thrown the rest of the Transgender disciples under the bus - so India can be recognised as a "real" woman (not a pretender like all the rest) who can then have access to all things female. Their own words were "i'm only interested in women like me."

This could be interesting.

TheBatPig Fri 31-Mar-17 22:15:58

Willoughby has sure changed their tune. I have seen this before. Where mtf argue anyone who says they are woman have a right to be in womens spaces/considered women. Yet post surgery change their minds and then only post ops have the right. Very strange

WhereYouLeftIt Fri 31-Mar-17 22:16:51

From Willoughby's article:

"It’s all too easy at the moment for someone to claim transgender rights who isn’t actually transgender."

So - where does IW stand on self-identification then?

And does IW not realise they're contradicting themselves from one paragraph to the next?

Para 1: "Transgender has become a horrible, vague word that makes no distinction between someone with a medical condition requiring intervention, and a bloke who likes to frock-up once a week."

Para 2: "There’s a world of difference – but it no longer gets mentioned. Presumably because everyone is walking around on tip-toes. This trans free-for-all is playing into the hands of people like Jenni Murray and Germaine Greer – who use the ‘men in dresses’ myth to spread their poison, and encourage derision of women like me."

So who are these blokes who like to frock-up once a week, if men in dresses is a myth?

Regardless - I find this article quite interesting. It being written, it being published - interesting. As are some of IW's tweets in response to other tweeters about this article:

- Is a transvestite the same as a transgender woman? Should they both be treated the same in law? Places they can legitimately use? IMHO no

- Do I want transgender women forever grouped with those who dip in and out? No. It's not my fight

Hmm. IW seems to want only transexuals to be considered as transgenders and everyone else are transvestites. Is that umbrealla term 'trans' starting to let the rain in?

SisterMoonshine Fri 31-Mar-17 22:24:45

What's the Fay Weldon book?

Bambambini Fri 31-Mar-17 22:25:45

If a woman (or man) had written that article - Willoughby would have went off on one condemning them as she did with Murray - or block any dissenters so India can continue to advertise hair extentions in their fluffy, non critical twitter feed

SisterMoonshine Fri 31-Mar-17 22:44:40

www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/06/fay-weldon-writes-transgender-sequel-to-life-and-loves-of-a-she-devil
Found it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now