Talk

Advanced search

Glosswitch in The Indy

(15 Posts)
Nellooo Sat 25-Mar-17 17:11:23

Thank you Glosswitch 👏😘

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/feminism-transpolitics-liberal-male-commentators-sexism-gender-roles-a7649546.html

ISaySteadyOn Sat 25-Mar-17 17:29:04

She is wonderful. Not just on this but on lots of issues.

M0stlyBowlingHedgehog Sat 25-Mar-17 18:20:51

Hooray - great article. I love Glosswitch.

QuentinSummers Sat 25-Mar-17 19:13:49

Just came on to post this. She has totally totally nailed it. Amazing stuff!

QueenLaBeefah Sat 25-Mar-17 19:31:17

Wow! She's summed up my spluttering fury into an eloquent, logical argument.

Elendon Sat 25-Mar-17 19:32:28

Brilliant riposte to liberal men and those who support them.

If I wanted the perfect mother's day present, it would be all the sentiments in this post. Wrapped up with love and understanding.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sat 25-Mar-17 20:26:06

Such a good article. She's on fire.
Why hasn't she published a book of her articles? I would buy about 100 copies.

Xenophile Sat 25-Mar-17 20:39:07

She is amazing.

You can always guage a person's character by how they react to Glosswitch's writing. No one worth bothering with has a bad word to say about her, and rightly so.

cuirderussie Sat 25-Mar-17 20:43:30

www.newstatesman.com/politics/feminism/2017/03/how-feminist-was-disneys-original-beauty-and-beast

This is also brilliant on where third wave feminism went wrong. Love her.

Beachcomber Sat 25-Mar-17 20:45:03

Round of applause for the fantastic Glosswitch.

Thanks for posting this.

cuirderussie Sat 25-Mar-17 20:51:30

I've recently had the unpleasant experience of realising what a horrible arrogant dismissive misogynist an old friend is via discussions on the trans issue. Totally unsympathetic to women's experience, opinions and concerns, blind to his many privileges and constantly attemping to smear trans-activist critical people as loony religious types or hysterical paranoics. I actually feel like our friendship is over because of this, and I don't say that lightly-I have friends with varying opinions and ideologies about lots of things, I don't live in an echo chamber. But this guy.. it would shock you, he's hypereducated, right-on, social justice type... although if you read Glosswitch you wouldn't be surprised as she identifies his "type"- at least you know where you are with the old school "pussy grabbers" sad

7Days Sat 25-Mar-17 20:57:05

The comments though shock never normally look btl

AutomatonSimine Sat 25-Mar-17 20:59:10

Smashing article - thank you for sharing it. I've bookmarked for future reference.

Thank you Glosswitch.

M0stlyBowlingHedgehog Sat 25-Mar-17 21:33:22

Love the article on Beauty and the Beast - it reminds me of the arguments I had when it came out with friends. We split into two camps: the "but she's allowed to read books, and she blows off the handsome but controlling guy" camp, and the "hang on a minute, he imprisons her but then true love triumphs - it's like an instruction manual in training women to stay in abusive relationships" camp.

Talking of which, I came across this the other day - Honest trailer for Beauty and the Beast: "It's a tale as old as Stockholm syndrome..."

WobblyLegs5 Sat 25-Mar-17 22:25:46

B&b is awesome article. But now we need one on the new (more anti womsm) one imo. & for someone to teach Emma Watson how it is not a feminist piece. Because she appears to have lost her dictionary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now