Talk

Advanced search

The Anti-Transgender Bus

(7 Posts)
Terfinator Fri 24-Mar-17 20:08:49

Remember, the one that was in Spain a few weeks ago? Buzzfeed have a recap on the story here: www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/this-bus-is-on-a-road-trip-to-convince-you-that-transgender?utm_term=.xdYw1YR4V#.hf0KZ9QzY

Anyway, it's already been vandalized and had a window smashed in New York (https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/bus-opposing-trans-rights-vandalized?utm_term=.ibAmM326N#.uhaBlX9Kz)

You really couldn't make this shit up!

Anyway, something tells me this bus is going to have a colourful journey. Let's post updates here!

QuentinSummers Fri 24-Mar-17 22:21:38

I'm so baffled about how if you say males have penises and females have vaginas, that means trans people don't exist. I mean, they clearly do because they are there. Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner haven't disappeared in a puff of logic, it's not like Tinkerbell (I do believe in trans people! I do! I do!). Its so weird.

venusinscorpio Fri 24-Mar-17 22:32:37

It's just the same old same old bullshit emotional hyperbole.

venusinscorpio Fri 24-Mar-17 22:33:10

"You have literally erased me!"

CoteDAzur Fri 24-Mar-17 23:01:22

"I'm so baffled about how if you say males have penises and females have vaginas, that means trans people don't exist"

No it doesn't.

It means transwomen are male and transmen are female. Which is the literal truth, as per dictionary definitions that state:

Female: Of the sex that can make eggs or bear young.

Male: Of the sex that can make sperm.

"they clearly do because they are there. Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner haven't disappeared in a puff of logic"

Logic is on our side in this, I'm afraid, not yours.

Caked-on makeup, facial surgery, and dresses have not made Jenner Of the sex that can make eggs or bear young. Jenner is still Of the sex that can make sperm, and is therefore male.

QuentinSummers Fri 24-Mar-17 23:33:23

I don't have a side cote or if I do mine is the same as yours. Female is a biological term, acknowledging that erases noone

QuentinSummers Fri 24-Mar-17 23:34:06

I was referring to the linked article

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now