Talk

Advanced search

Another day, another piss-taking trans 'woman'

(17 Posts)
DickToPhone Sat 18-Mar-17 15:26:23

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4323302/Pensioner-takes-cat-court-comfort.html

"A pensioner, found guilty today of stalking two women, was allowed by a judge to take his cat into the court dock with him to help calm his nerves during his trial.

Aidan Wiltshire, 73, from Chelmsford, Essex, was given special permission yesterday afternoon by Judge David Turner QC to have his black cat, Taylor, on his lap after the judge was told it would 'comfort him' during his courtroom ordeal.

Wiltshire was living as a woman and calling himself Anne at the time of the stalking, between May 2014 and April 2015.

As he sat in the dock at Chelmsford Crown Court with the cat on his lap, a jury today ruled that he had stalked the two women - solicitor Alison Gowman, and Carol Irwin, a Methodist church minister."

"For the benefit of the court, the judge described Wiltshire as having been 'transgendered', as Ms Gowman and Ms Irwin referred to him as 'she' and 'Anne' during the court proceedings."

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 18-Mar-17 15:31:38

I wonder whether the victims really did use the "correct" gender pronouns to describe the defendant.

I wouldn't have.

Oddsockspissmeoff Sat 18-Mar-17 15:33:08

Ffs! I could really get my hair off about this crap. Another fucking male offender being referred to as she.

Funnyonion17 Sat 18-Mar-17 15:38:42

That man tbf sounds mentally ill, i bet the trans episode is one of many strange things he's done.

QueenLaBeefah Sat 18-Mar-17 15:44:18

Has anyone other defendant ever been allowed to take a cat into the courtroom? Very odd.

Oddsockspissmeoff Sat 18-Mar-17 15:50:51

I cringe at him being referred to as a woman throughout this. I've read far too much about how aroused they get when called a female name.

DickToPhone Sat 18-Mar-17 15:56:11

Other defendant? Not sure.

But the same MAN did in 2015 & 2016:

www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2015-12-01/judge-allows-defendants-cat-in-court/
www.essexlive.news/chelmsford-pensioner-stalking-charge-dock-pet-cat/story-28662177-detail/story.html

It appears to be the same case so I'm not quite sure how it's taken so long for him to be found guilty.

VestalVirgin Sat 18-Mar-17 16:02:50

I wonder whether the victims really did use the "correct" gender pronouns to describe the defendant.

They were probably threatened with punishment in case they didn't.

WankingMonkey Sat 18-Mar-17 16:42:36

There really does seem to be a disproportionate amount of transgender offenders...this may have something to do with the other mental health issues that tend to accompany the condition.

He was granted special permission to stroke his cat throughout court proceedings as it would comfort him...what thew actual fuck?

PhoenixJasmine Sat 18-Mar-17 16:52:48

Poor cat, most cats would not be happy being sat in an unfamiliar courtroom, at all. Although if this is the third time he's done it then maybe it's not so unfamiliar grin

Makes him sound like a Bond villain.

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 18-Mar-17 17:04:23

the Mail article states "He was said to have been in breach of a restraining order as far as one of them was concerned." Perhaps the outcome of the 2016 court case was a restraining order? Different Judges too - Anthony Goldstaub in 2016, David Turner now.

Oddsockspissmeoff Sat 18-Mar-17 17:13:51

the cat does provide emotional support for the defendant to cope.

Yeah. Poor vulnerable pensioner.

ZilphasHatpin Sat 18-Mar-17 17:17:49

Aside from the trans issue or whether he was or is a trans woman. Why the fuck does he deserve to be comforted during his trial? Where was his consideration for the comfort of those women when he was stalking them?

illegitimateMortificadospawn Sat 18-Mar-17 17:18:42

Poor cat. The unfamiliar surroundings could have been quite stressful. Will noone think of the cat's welfare?

Also, I see he's taking the Muscato line on 'passing'.

venusinscorpio Sat 18-Mar-17 17:19:48

Do defendants get to take a lucky mascot in?

HmmOkay Sat 18-Mar-17 17:30:50

Terrible for his victims to have to wait so long for this to be resolved. And he's not even sentenced yet - so more delay. Waiting for psychiatric reports of course.

"Also, I see he's taking the Muscato line on 'passing'."

Made me laugh.

CharlieSierra Sat 18-Mar-17 19:17:42

Also, I see he's taking the Muscato line on 'passing'. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now