Talk

Advanced search

"Why I became an evil TERF" youtube

(7 Posts)
Usui101 Sat 18-Mar-17 01:17:04

For anyone with an interest in why women are becoming "evil TERFS" this lovely woman explains why she no longer goes on trans rallies and to trans remembrance days: www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E6Ab0K9AaY

DameDeDoubtance Sat 18-Mar-17 10:37:12

She's lovely, I follow her on Twitter. I went through a similar journey when I realised how much trans had changed, and the huge impact a change in the law will have on women and girls. I too changed from a lentil weaving loving leftie to pure evil overnight.

Xenophile Sat 18-Mar-17 10:42:36

It's becoming harder to NOT be an evil TERF. The smallest infraction of AFTA's arbitrary rules and you're a TERF forever.

DameDeDoubtance Sat 18-Mar-17 12:10:33

When bearded men sit in women's shelters tweeting "suck My Dick" on international women's day, bearded men that we are supposed to respect as women, well, it's terfdom here we come.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Sat 18-Mar-17 12:28:15

I've watched it and liked her. No histrionics, just nice cold logic.

WrongTrouser Sun 19-Mar-17 11:25:52

Fantastic video.

TwoLeftSocks Sun 19-Mar-17 11:42:18

I like her, nice video. I especially like that she recognised that transwomen and transmen have their own set of social acceptance issues, and that they are different to women rights issues, but once set doesn't trump the others. There need to be solutions for women and there need to be solutions for transfolk, but they aren't necessarily going to be the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now