Talk

Advanced search

DH says 'most women don't give a shit about this'

(124 Posts)
Albadross Thu 16-Mar-17 00:31:46

I get that we have a precious little echo chamber here, but is he right that most of the women in the western world just don;t care, don;t see the need and wish we'd all FTFO?

Albadross Thu 16-Mar-17 00:32:08

Sorry about punctuation fails - left my glasses upstairs!

FringyFringe Thu 16-Mar-17 00:35:01

What is "this"?

mammyoftwo Thu 16-Mar-17 00:39:32

what is this about?

FeralBeryl Thu 16-Mar-17 00:41:13

Feminism?
Tigers?
Toilet brushes?
grin

MrsCobain Thu 16-Mar-17 00:42:50

Tea strength?

LuisCarol Thu 16-Mar-17 00:43:44

is he right that most of the women

Why would his voice speak for most women about anything, let alone feminist stripy toilet brushes?

avamiah Thu 16-Mar-17 00:44:32

I'm lost ?

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 16-Mar-17 00:46:50

Huh? Wtf are you on about?

avamiah Thu 16-Mar-17 00:47:46

Haha,
Totally lost .

ErrolTheDragon Thu 16-Mar-17 00:55:54

I want to know what 'this' is now...

Lynnm63 Thu 16-Mar-17 01:01:44

I have no idea what the op is talking about but I so want to know.

highinthesky Thu 16-Mar-17 01:01:53

I'm guessing he means we're in and out, get the job done and don't sit there with a newspaper / contemplating life for 1/2hr? Yep, I've got better things to do than incubate piles TYVM.

ChocolateFuzz Thu 16-Mar-17 01:03:23

Yea, kind of. It's obviously not that extreme for the most part but most people disagree with feminists a lot dislike them and a few hate them

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 16-Mar-17 01:23:16

I want to know now too!

I am guessing it is him making a mess and not pulling his weight....

Smitff Thu 16-Mar-17 01:27:17

Suspect he meant feminism, given the chat topic.

He's wrong. Only Kellyanne Conway thinks she lives a post-feminist life, having pulled up the drawbridge behind her. Actually, she doesn't live a post-feminist life. She defends Donald Trump for a living, so is completely blind to actual real life reality.

MistressMerryWeather Thu 16-Mar-17 01:37:31

Tea strength?

grin

I care deeply about this issue because my DH makes two types of tea.

a) A cup of luke-warm milk
b) Stew

Something has to be done.

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 16-Mar-17 01:43:26

If it is feminism in general then he is wrong. Most women DO give a shit and are grateful for our older sisters who fought a hard fight to get us where we are now.

What he means is that he wants you to STFU and wash his socks and cook his meals and be fucking told. He thinks that by making you feel weird for standing up for yourself, you might think that you are wrong and do what he wants.

Vermillioncomfyshoes Thu 16-Mar-17 01:46:38

I want a new handbag.
If this thread is about new shoes and handbags then we very much give a shit.
If it isn't about new shoes and handbags then what 'is' it about?
Once I know, I'll be able to give an opinion.

Vermillioncomfyshoes Thu 16-Mar-17 01:50:32

He's wrong. Only Kellyanne Conway thinks she lives a post-feminist life, having pulled up the drawbridge behind her

Leaving the OP and the whole point behind, does anyone think KC is looking more tired and drawn and boggle eyed and losing weight by the day? Poor woman has gotten (see what I did there?) into this way above her head.

nocoolnamesleft Thu 16-Mar-17 02:16:14

Well, the man has spoken.

Tonka4 Thu 16-Mar-17 02:23:14

Smitff less than 10% of British women describe themselves as feminist so that's not really true is it.

Most women I know think feminists actually give women a bad name and don't want much to do with it at all.

Tonka4 Thu 16-Mar-17 02:24:51

Sorry, that was meant to be aimed at Pyongyang

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 16-Mar-17 02:37:40

Tonka I know, but what I meant was that women in the main do appreciate having the right to vote, and understand the sacrifices made by other women to get that. They appreciate having anti sexism laws in the work place, and again how many women suffered for speaking out in order for that to happen, even if they are largely still ignored.....

The appreciate that rape within marriage is now against the law, that a man beating his wife is no longer considered as appropriate chastisement.

I wonder how many of these women who say that they are not feminists would suddenly change their tune if everything they now take for granted was taken away.

Just because they dont describe themselves as feminists, doesnt mean that they arent, iykwim.

BastardGoDarkly Thu 16-Mar-17 02:44:08

Tonka that statistic really surprised me, I'd say 80% at least, of my friends would say they're feminists. But I guess out of all the women I work with/am acquainted with, I don't know hmm

I guess this makes ops dh right then shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now