Talk

Advanced search

Bruno Fernandes

(9 Posts)
stitchglitched Tue 14-Mar-17 23:42:50

This story is so hideous. You can have your girlfriend murdered and fed to dogs and then sign a new football contact.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39266353

LassWiTheDelicateAir Tue 14-Mar-17 23:59:56

Your link isn't working for me.

I'm so upset by the word "lady's" in that picture... <scarpers back to pedants' corner>Outrage after Brazil football team signs goalkeeper convicted of killing girlfriend

www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/13/brazil-football-bruno-fernandes-de-souza-murder-girlfriend?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

The story below is a bit better.
‘A rape every 11 minutes’: Cruzeiro to wear shirts to mark International Women’s Day

www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/08/cruzeiro-international-womens-day-shirts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

stitchglitched Wed 15-Mar-17 00:08:15

Sorry, thanks for working link. I have no idea what you are talking about re 'lady's'.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 15-Mar-17 00:23:14

It was on phone clipboard for a post on another thread. It's a "grocer's apostrophe". It's got nothing to do with this thread.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Mar-17 08:47:37

So sad

BeyondUnderthinking Wed 15-Mar-17 11:10:17

I don't know how this isn't being discussed more. sad

HmmOkay Wed 15-Mar-17 11:17:48

"Bruno – as he is best known in Brazil – has served less than a third of the 22-year sentence".

Well, we can't ruin someone's football career, can we? Just because they tortured and murdered someone. Because that's not on.

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 15-Mar-17 11:20:36

It's sickening. And goes to show that money is more important than women's lives. I'd refuse to play with or against him. But I imagine that Brazilian football players are too misogynistic and self serving to give a shit.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Mar-17 12:43:44

I can't believe he was released on a technicality about appeal timing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: