Bruno Fernandes

(9 Posts)
stitchglitched Tue 14-Mar-17 23:42:50

This story is so hideous. You can have your girlfriend murdered and fed to dogs and then sign a new football contact.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39266353

LassWiTheDelicateAir Tue 14-Mar-17 23:59:56

Your link isn't working for me.

I'm so upset by the word "lady's" in that picture... <scarpers back to pedants' corner>Outrage after Brazil football team signs goalkeeper convicted of killing girlfriend

www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/13/brazil-football-bruno-fernandes-de-souza-murder-girlfriend?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

The story below is a bit better.
‘A rape every 11 minutes’: Cruzeiro to wear shirts to mark International Women’s Day

www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/08/cruzeiro-international-womens-day-shirts?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

stitchglitched Wed 15-Mar-17 00:08:15

Sorry, thanks for working link. I have no idea what you are talking about re 'lady's'.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 15-Mar-17 00:23:14

It was on phone clipboard for a post on another thread. It's a "grocer's apostrophe". It's got nothing to do with this thread.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Mar-17 08:47:37

So sad

BeyondUnderthinking Wed 15-Mar-17 11:10:17

I don't know how this isn't being discussed more. sad

HmmOkay Wed 15-Mar-17 11:17:48

"Bruno – as he is best known in Brazil – has served less than a third of the 22-year sentence".

Well, we can't ruin someone's football career, can we? Just because they tortured and murdered someone. Because that's not on.

AssassinatedBeauty Wed 15-Mar-17 11:20:36

It's sickening. And goes to show that money is more important than women's lives. I'd refuse to play with or against him. But I imagine that Brazilian football players are too misogynistic and self serving to give a shit.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Mar-17 12:43:44

I can't believe he was released on a technicality about appeal timing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now