Talk

Advanced search

Middle aged women gif

(10 Posts)
MsJuniper Mon 13-Mar-17 10:22:57

Has anyone seen this on twitter? It's been commented and retweeted over 100k times.

https://twitter.com/iiiiimcmxcv/status/840590469801357314

The comments underneath are all about 40+ white women and how awful they are. Lots of stuff about them not knowing how to use a card machine and how millennials are so respectful.

I work in customer service and have seen my fair share of angry customers when something doesn't work immediately but they vary in age, race, sex - if anything women aged 30-50 tend to be the most accommodating and polite, but there's no hard and fast rule.

I found it pretty ugly and depressing. It seems misogynistic (and ageist) to me but perhaps as a 40-year-old white woman I am having a natural reaction?

YetAnotherSpartacus Mon 13-Mar-17 10:29:39

Yes middle-aged women are fair game for the haters. Given that our main virtue is to be fucked and men prefer younger models our days of usefulness are over. Sigh.

IAmAmy Mon 13-Mar-17 10:39:23

Sexist and, as with much of the tripe which gets retweeted to that extent on Twitter, not remotely amusing.

UncontrolledImmigrant Mon 13-Mar-17 10:47:53

Maybe they've lost patience after having been treated like dumdum fucktoys for 25+ years and now, having become invisible jokes they are ready to snap

It'll happen to you too, cutie pie millenials

DJBaggySmalls Mon 13-Mar-17 11:03:22

Bless, they dont expect to live past 25.

Xenophile Mon 13-Mar-17 11:13:40

Yikes!

Having worked in various people facing roles I can tell you that it ain't middle aged white women who do most of the shitty stuff.

HelenDenver Wed 15-Mar-17 09:09:50

40?

My mother can use a card machine and she's in her 70s.

Twatbadgers.

BroomstickOfLove Wed 15-Mar-17 09:17:38

I am now a middle aged woman, but when I was younger and working in a customer service role, when a customer was horrible enough to reduce one of the staff to tears it was almost always a middle aged, middle class woman. Men in their seventies with an interest in military history were the next most unpleasant group, followed by groups of drunk people.

HebeBadb Wed 15-Mar-17 09:20:35

Yes older men the worst by far. Recently fired from a CS role. One older man complained about me. I was not rude to him.

BroomstickOfLove Wed 15-Mar-17 09:22:10

But some of the comments are horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now