Talk

Advanced search

Horrific domestic violence video. And of course.....

(15 Posts)
QuentinSummers Fri 10-Mar-17 19:12:30

...the last paragraph is a load of bollocks suggesting the man involved wasn't responsible because he was drunk and he's horrified.
No mention of why the house was full of cameras recording this.
Not much real focus on the fact the women is permanently disabled.
I'm fed up of abusive shits being portrayed as "just snapping"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/domestic-violence-victim-reveals-shocking-9999144

QuentinSummers Fri 10-Mar-17 19:12:37

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/domestic-violence-victim-reveals-shocking-9999144

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Fri 10-Mar-17 19:13:33

Have you just posted the actual video?

VestalVirgin Fri 10-Mar-17 20:03:44

Men who can't behave themselves while drunk ought to not get drunk. Simple.

hollinhurst84 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:05:54

I think it's a communal area (like flats) hence the cameras

SookiesSocks Fri 10-Mar-17 20:06:45

I dont have to click the link i think i know which one it is.

I had the unfortunate experience of reading the DM comments sad The vast majority blamed the women for being with a violent man. Not the violent man for being violent angry

DJBaggySmalls Fri 10-Mar-17 20:09:15

I think its in German courts that if you try to use 'I was drunk' as an excuse and are found guilty they increase your sentence.

QuentinSummers Fri 10-Mar-17 22:13:59

It's in the article mycat
hollinhurst I don't think it is because he lets a dog in towards the end of the video and it's milling about. And maybe I am naive but I wouldn't expect an abuser to be that blatant in a communal area. It looks to me like there are videos upstairs and downstairs in the house. It's creepy.

QuentinSummers Fri 10-Mar-17 22:16:16

Actually watching again maybe it is. In which case he's just an audacious bastard. Sorry.

Lottapianos Fri 10-Mar-17 22:19:19

That video is horrendous. I am a DV survivor myself but i had nothing that severe to contend with, and i have no lasting injuries unlike this poor woman.

I find it both sickening and totally unsurprising that the victim blamers are out in force already. Some people tie themselves in knots trying to blame anyone and everyone EXCEPT the perpetrator of the violence

QuentinSummers Fri 10-Mar-17 22:43:58

It's disgusting isn't it lotta
He'd only been out of prison 3 weeks for a previous attack on her. sad

It's sad too that if she hadn't released the video this wouldn't have even made the news because DV is so commonplace.

Xenophile Fri 10-Mar-17 22:54:29

The cameras are in communal areas and violent men are violent wherever they choose to be. No one came out of the other flats to see what was going on, so either he's a violent thug who has threatened them as well or he's done this before and they're used to it.

Being thrown down the stairs is fucking painful, that woman is lucky to be alive.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Sat 11-Mar-17 00:01:31

YY, Xenophile. I was thrown down the stairs by a friend's DH when he forced his way into the flat. I've still got a scar.

He was vile. He put her in hospital before she finally got rid. He died of drink, alone and friendless, a year ago. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

AltheaThoon Sat 11-Mar-17 11:26:27

That's a shocking video but having it all evidenced like that probably helped secure a good conviction. And yes Quentin, had the video not been released it wouldn't have made the news. The throwing someone down the stairs three times should constitute attempted murder. I know it's not and you have to evidence intent but ffs, what are you trying to do to someone by throwimg them downstairs if not kill them?

It makes me sick to my to my stomach that victims of domestic abuse get blamed. These women are so vulnerable. It's not easy to escape from a violent man. I'd say it's nigh on impossible.

That woman's lucky to be alive (although it's sad to read that she wishes he'd killed her).

Lottapianos Sat 11-Mar-17 11:55:19

Althea, completely agree that it should be viewed as attempted murder

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now