Talk

Advanced search

Fun fact: no law covering which toilet men or women can use!

(199 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Iris65 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:49:22

I know....isn't it?

All those threads getting so upset about ......trans people being able to do what everyone can already do!

So what is it that is exercising so many of the most prolific and vocal posters in this hot topic?

Datun Fri 10-Mar-17 19:33:27

For goodness sake Iris, everyone knows it's not set in law! Otherwise women would not be nipping into the gents for a quick piss when the line was too long. This is nothing new. It's about cultural expectations, underpinned by allowing men to say they are women.

Seriously, what is your beef?

MinimumPaymentMaximumBurrito Fri 10-Mar-17 19:36:34

And this is supposed to be some big revelation because....confused

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 19:57:59

Iris thinks, weaker smaller less violent humans need no safe spaces from bigger stronger more violent humans. Iris is wrong! The statistics prove it. Don't listen to Iris.

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 20:03:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 20:11:57

I am a trans man. I don't want trans women in my safe spaces Iris is that ok? Tomorrow I may be a what do I call it "a born woman" again. Identify is fluid and today I identify as male. I changed a fuse ffs.

VestalVirgin Fri 10-Mar-17 20:12:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 20:13:47

Identity not identify sorry man brain (or spell checker)!

CaoNiMartacus Fri 10-Mar-17 20:20:44

Iris, Iris, Iris.

Stop it. Please.

FloraFox Fri 10-Mar-17 20:25:32

There is no law giving men a right to use a women's space so he can be asked to leave. If the new law is passed, he can't be asked to leave if he says he identifies as a woman.

BevGoldbergsSister Fri 10-Mar-17 20:36:57

Men or women?

Sorry but what do you even mean by that?

I asked you about women before and you painfully explained at great length how a woman could not possibly be catergorised and now we have women and men?

What are these men you speak of?
Can you tell us what one of those is?

Or how they could use a womans bathroom when women are just an abstract concept constructed of feelings amd inner knowledge?

weeps with confusion

DJBaggySmalls Fri 10-Mar-17 20:50:55

If a man puts on a dress and walks into the womens only area of a synagogue. mosque or temple he is at the moment breaking the law.
Next month he can tell everyone who objects they are a bigot.

GinAndTunic Fri 10-Mar-17 20:55:50

In other news, water is wet.

MinimumPaymentMaximumBurrito Fri 10-Mar-17 20:56:19

I see.

I agree, Iris is not nice.

Stop it, Iris.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 10-Mar-17 20:59:37

I have been in the gents

I do not possess a penis

Should i turn myself in ?

I have been in to search for children and a few times for a wee...i did make sure they were empty first...will that help my defence?

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 10-Mar-17 21:00:07

My children i hasten to add

fruitlovingmonkey Fri 10-Mar-17 21:04:14

biscuit

PlonitbatPlonit Fri 10-Mar-17 21:08:08

Yes, it has never been criminal in the UK to use the toilets designated for the other sex. However, it has always been an option for management responsible for those toilets to enforce sex segregation (for example, by challenging men going into women's toilets or indeed going so far as to physically remove them). Single-sex spaces are primarily created through social expectation and disapproval. By the fact that if a man goes into a women's toilets someone will say loudly "This is the women's/ladies." It is this that is going to change/is changing. Social expectations are changing, women feel more inhibited in defending their boundaries and are under threat of being charged with hate crime if they challenge the rights of men to use the female designated toilets.

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 21:09:08

Why was my post deleted mumsnet?

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 21:11:20

Must have been saying quote person is not very nice quote as another post saying the same thing was deleted.

BevGoldbergsSister Fri 10-Mar-17 21:12:46

Rufus 😂 cant stop giggling at that!

MinimumPaymentMaximumBurrito Fri 10-Mar-17 21:14:50

My post says Iris is not nice. Maybe it was the she hates women thing?

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 21:16:26

Ffs can't remember exactly what I said but it was not against any law. This is a joke.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 10-Mar-17 21:18:02

Evening all. Just a reminder that we are of course happy for there to be heated debate and lively discussion on this topic but we will have to delete any posts which attack other posters individually. We think it's possible to disagree while remaining civil and to take issue with the point of view rather than the person. Thanks!

Scissorcisters Fri 10-Mar-17 21:18:41

Even mumsnet is silencing us, tell me what I said that was against the rules o the law of the land please. Or is mumsnet Iris?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now