Talk

Advanced search

Transkids could be removed from parents?

(5 Posts)
SoulSearcher101 Sat 25-Feb-17 20:32:03

Please read this newest insight, parents could have their children taken away from them if they don't jump up and down with glee and have their kids transitioned - at least that is how I read it? Would welcome others views in case I read it wrongly.

“Reportable trauma”? US gender docs “train” judges & call CPS on balking parents

4thwavenow.com/2017/02/25/reportable-trauma-us-gender-docs-train-judges-call-cps-on-balking-parents/

"OLSON-KENNEDY: I can say that the stickiest situations I’ve had is where one parent is supportive and one isn’t and they share medical custody. And so we work really hard to bring both parents in and bring them both on board. Because even if you get a court order, the most protective factor for a good outcome is parental support. So it’s not my first line to go to court to get somebody what they need. But it is my second line and I will do it. We’ve been pretty successful in 5 or 6 situations where…we really had a recalcitrant parent that we just could not bring along."

BevGoldbergsSister Sat 25-Feb-17 20:52:35

Yeah, there’s no precedent but you can again work with the child protection team for medical neglect. Work with one parent…at least to get things started. And again, you can do some education. We did education with judges in Rhode Island. We spent a half day with family court judges, telling them this is what gender and transgender is…

Quote from the article I found horrifying, its talking about depriving puberty blockers as being medical neglect.

Gender is a fucking stereotype. An idea.

Lupron has horrific side effects were not even fully aware of yet, but are thought to have caused degenerative problems such as osteperosis and osteopenia in 20year olds.

How can it have got this far? That we medically treat children on the basis of their favourite colour?

Railgunner1 Sun 26-Feb-17 08:29:31

US... Don't they refuse to treat a broken leg without proper insurance?
Those hormone therapies... are they FREE?

Something doesn't add up.

venusinscorpio Sun 26-Feb-17 10:25:46

Am I right in thinking you can get hormones from Planned Parenthood? I may have got this wrong.

Railgunner1 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:10:04

So Planned Parenthood does a FREE sex conversion thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now