Talk

Advanced search

Not sure any publicity is good publicity in this instance- Ian Huntley

(7 Posts)
TinselAngel Wed 15-Feb-17 08:31:17

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/soham-child-killer-ian-huntley-9821051

Terrible news for trans activists if this is true.....

Datun Wed 15-Feb-17 09:35:44

This was referred to a week or so ago, with a lot of people thinking it perhaps wasn't true.

But I ageee, if it is authentic then it makes the criteria for being trans (ie none) utterly ridiculous.

And yet again, I find it absolutely mind-boggling that no-one would see this coming.

'Self-identification' is lunacy.

The number of people on trans posts in the recent past who said everyone was getting their knickers in a twist for no reason and that this wouldn't happen used to infuriate me. And every paedophile, child killer, predatory man, will absolutely transition. Why wouldn't they?

Huntley is now attaining celebrity status in prison and getting an easier time. What about those who serve their sentence and go back into the community as women? With full and legal access to women and children in bathrooms everywhere.

Is the legal criteria for trans suddenly going to exclude those with a prison record? How is that going to work out?

thethoughtfox Wed 15-Feb-17 10:22:00

Wasn't their a story recently about a rapist in prison saying they were now trans (with no previous history ) and demanding females do body searches on him and wanting to move to a female prison?

venusinscorpio Wed 15-Feb-17 16:06:12

It's looking more like it is true then?

BeyondUnderthinking Wed 15-Feb-17 16:10:59

It was in the news a few weeks back, this is the new news that he has asked to be called "Lian" (complete with a heart tittle...)

Twogoats Wed 15-Feb-17 19:40:31

Yes, it looks like it might be true, and if it is we have only ourselves to blame.

I feel awful for the victims' families here. It must be awful to have to hear about this piece of shit.

AskBasil Wed 15-Feb-17 20:10:05

Prison officers ought to play them at their own game.

When these rapists demand women search them, they should get a couple of burly male prisoners to temporarily identify as women, so they get to do it.

Why not? If men can be women for 5 minutes whenever they feel like it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now