Talk

Advanced search

Survivors of relationships with Male to Trans partners

(15 Posts)
TinselAngel Thu 09-Feb-17 18:12:38

I'm not aware of any support groups for people whose children's Father subsequently decides he is a woman. If there's anybody else on here who has experienced this, I'd be really interested in sharing experiences. And as I'm now divorced and a long way down the line maybe I could be of help to others still in the midst of it?

I'm new to mumsnet- is there a direct message facility? Or alternatively, post here

HelenDenver Fri 10-Feb-17 06:31:15

Nice idea.

I think there might be a transparenting topic somewhere...

HelenDenver Fri 10-Feb-17 06:32:42

No, I was wrong. There is a topic for LGBT parents and one for LGBT children.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lgbt_parents

TinselAngel Fri 10-Feb-17 07:43:02

Thanks Helen, but I'm none of the above.

Datun Fri 10-Feb-17 08:53:09

tinsel

There was a young woman on here a while ago whose father had transitioned. She posted but I'm not sure came back so the thread petered out. I believe she was fairly distressed, but with the advanced search function not working at the moment I'm not sure how you will find that thread.

There was also a woman whose husband had transitioned who found the entire thing exceptionally difficult, especially as, doing counselling, she was the one who was expected to compromise.

Again, without the advanced search working I'm not sure how you will find her.

On each post there are three dots in the bottom right hand corner if you click on those and click on pm (private message) you can send personal messages to people.

This board is fairly trans critical. And by that I mean we see it as an erosion of women's rights. Not that we don't agree that trans people should have all the other rights accrued to men and women, just that transwomen aren't actually women.

I'm guessing if you are divorced, you have had a fairly tough time of it. I hope you are doing better. flowers

HelenDenver Fri 10-Feb-17 09:09:19

Was it this poster, Datun?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/lgbt_parents/2807467-Anyone-with-trans-parents

Datun Fri 10-Feb-17 09:21:45

Helen

I think it was, from the name, but I'm pretty sure there were a few more answers than that. Posters asking her if she was okay and if she wanted to talk. So I'm wondering if she has posted twice.

TinselAngel Fri 10-Feb-17 11:37:28

It's the fact that Mumsnet is largely "trans critical" that made me think that here might be a good place to ask. My own experiences, plus wider reading on radical feminism have made me horrified by the blind acceptance of Trans dogma.

My ex has never acted more like a man than he has since he decided he's a woman.

Datun Fri 10-Feb-17 12:01:08

My ex has never acted more like a man than he has since he decided he's a woman.

Yup. Misogyny underpins the entire ideology.

venusinscorpio Fri 10-Feb-17 15:23:15

There is at least one woman on mumsnet who has had an abusive relationship as a "trans widow". It may be the same person Datun mentions. Hopefully she may see this thread.

venusinscorpio Fri 10-Feb-17 15:23:49

And YY to that.

user1486613612 Fri 10-Feb-17 18:15:06

There's a woman whose father, um, changed and she wrote a book. The daughter/author is called Ester Roxberg, I don't think the book is translated to English (yet) but you could always read the many articles through Google Translate.

VestalVirgin Fri 10-Feb-17 19:28:37

If you google "transwidow" you might be able to find the blog of a woman whose husband decided to transition. I am not sure whether she has any children, though.

VestalVirgin Fri 10-Feb-17 19:30:33

This was it: transwidow.wordpress.com/

Not sure she's the same person who was on mumsnet, it seems to be a widely used description.

Datun Fri 10-Feb-17 19:33:28

And tinsel the women on here know all about AGP, if it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now