Talk

Advanced search

Delivery drivers

(38 Posts)
MenAreFuckers Thu 09-Feb-17 09:16:55

I had a delivery this morning that I signed for and the guy did that 'any problems love just give them a ring' thing with a friendly pat on the arm and a hand run over my breast. I didn't say anything, of course I couldn't, he'd just have claimed it was an accident and then would have had the satisfaction of getting a response. Fuckers. I fucking hate how men do this. I've just been assaulted in my own home in front of my children.

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 09:20:50

Christ!!!! I have lots of deliveries by different companies and this as never happened to me. Its not "delivery drivers" it was this man. You should report him. I agree nothing may come of it but it may stop him doing it again once his work place have spoken to him.

I am so sorry this happened to you.

Datun Thu 09-Feb-17 09:21:11

Call the courier company and tell them. You are very likely not the only person he has done that to.

Ugh. What a creep.

25bottles Thu 09-Feb-17 09:21:55

Wow he touched your breast. That's shocking.
I don't even shake men's hands anymore and when I met my mums new boyfriend he was very touchy-feely. It reminded me of what I used to put up with from other men.
They casually grab your thigh when you're sitting if they're laughing.
Random shoulder touches.
Women get used to it from a young age so it becomes normal for some people.

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 09-Feb-17 09:37:44

That's appalling, what a vile man. Total creep.

If you feel you can, report it to the police and then to the courier company. It may not be taken forward for prosecution but it might contribute towards evidence of a pattern of behaviour.

Do you have someone in rl you can talk to about this?

Seachangeshell Thu 09-Feb-17 09:40:43

Definitely report - hopefully some other people have too.

MenAreFuckers Thu 09-Feb-17 09:49:21

I'm sure I'm not the only person he has done this to. He was very self-assured and in my personal space from the moment he arrived (it was a big item that had to be brought into the house). It was clearly his usual conduct and just subtle enough to make the woman doubt herself. I don't know whether to complain. I very much doubt I would be taken seriously.

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 09:52:09

I know you are very upset atm but you really must report it. Any complaint will be taken seriously it may not result in any action but the complaint will follow company procedure.

Was it one of the well known delivery companies?

MenAreFuckers Thu 09-Feb-17 10:03:15

I'd never heard of them but googled and it's the operations arm of a well-known retailer. I might ring the retailer. I could ring 101 but I assume they'll just log it and not actually tell the company anyway.

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 10:04:41

I would complain to the company first then 101 if you can.

thedancingbear Thu 09-Feb-17 10:12:07

If you're sure he did it deliberately, then I'd be complaining along the lines of 'he felt my breast'. And it would be the courier company and the police. it's sexual assault.

And by the way, I'm a man, and I think he's a sleazy arsehole. some of us are on your side.

LauraBora79 Thu 09-Feb-17 11:02:07

If he touched your breast with clear intent then he is guilty of sexual assault and you should report him. To the police. At best a humiliating experience; at worst a traumatic one. My sympathies.

Jmslvlc990 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:36:05

Definitely report it! For the sake of everyone!

Jmslvlc990 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:37:31

Even if he did accidentally it still needs reporting! He shouldn't have been touching her arm anyway!

deydododatdodontdeydo Thu 09-Feb-17 12:51:37

I would report it to the company. The reason people like this get away with it for years (like all the recent celeb cases) is because nobody stands up to them.
Someone has to, it's not acceptable, and I'm sorry that you hate all men because of this.

user1486550809 Thu 09-Feb-17 12:54:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 13:06:33

confused

Jmslvlc990 Thu 09-Feb-17 13:11:49

Mmmmm! Going from an old man pinching your nose to All men are sub-human pieces of meat that need to be eradicated is possibly a little extreme!

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 09-Feb-17 13:22:48

Ignore the weirdos OP. I hope you're ok and that you're able to talk it through with someone in rl.

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 13:25:53

User is trolling a few threds. I have reported could others do the same to flag it up to mmhq.

sashh Thu 09-Feb-17 16:32:26

I don't know whether to complain. I very much doubt I would be taken seriously.

If it isn't then complain about that.

user1486550809 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:32:45

RacoonBandit Thu 09-Feb-17 16:38:33

Go away user and troll somewhere else.

user1486550809 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:41:12

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 09-Feb-17 16:46:11

Troll - a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now