Talk

Advanced search

Discussion on transgender on BBC right now.

(7 Posts)
averylongtimeago Sun 05-Feb-17 10:22:38

This has just started, it will be interesting to listen to.

KatLovesCats Sun 05-Feb-17 12:59:32

Where was it? I'd like to tune in on catch-up but some details would be helpful grin

zsazsagaboredom Sun 05-Feb-17 20:58:55

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08dxgbd/the-big-questions-series-10-episode-5

ghostlyghoulie Sun 05-Feb-17 23:34:05

Painful watching. Nicky Campbell kept interrupting people in a very annoying way. Dr Rachel Haskins, writer & theologian, eloquently tells how she got a thrill at aged 4 trying on her sister's undies in the airing cupboard. Says it all really.

sheoneill Mon 06-Feb-17 07:13:56

The Lady in the cheap looking red top and bad wig, telling the sad story of how he was questioned about using the ladies in Asda. He said "I cann't use the men's (toilet) because that would make people feel uncomfortable" (or words to that effect), I was screaming at the screen - women are people too.

HalfShellHero Mon 06-Feb-17 10:53:45

The bloke peter I think , made a good point about it but yes the interrupting was irritating

MiddleGround Wed 08-Feb-17 00:57:39

sheonill yep heading banging on brick wall - seems women are no longer allowed to be people - unless of course we are pregnant - then we are "pregnant people" cognitive dissonance of the largest magnitude. I can just imagine the face of a mum with a young daughter and well arrrghhhh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now