Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

CRB/PVG for married users of "Ms original name"?

(6 Posts)
museumum Tue 31-Jan-17 14:53:08

Help!

Form for PVG (CRB in England). I am married but don't use my husbands name.
I am Ms Myname. But years ago disclosure struggled to make understand that.

Should I put my husbands surname in the "are you now or have you ever been known by another name" field?
Or answer no and leave it blank?

I'm not looking for the "making a political point" answer this time, but the "get this form processes as quick as possible" answer grin

WWYD?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Tue 31-Jan-17 14:54:59

When I did it 5 years or so ago I don't remember a problem - I would have left it blank (even though certain people persist in calling me Mrs DHsName despite my never having used it.)

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 31-Jan-17 15:00:11

I always answer no and put a line through it. Not had a problem with this recently, hopefully they're more enlightened now smile

museumum Tue 31-Jan-17 15:06:08

Phew. Thanks.
Fingers xd.

Before marriage I had one rejected as I said I was a Ms but had only ever had one surname hmm

Datun Tue 31-Jan-17 16:26:40

Isn't it just used to do due diligence and search your name to see if you have ever been involved in a crime/have a record?

If you have never gone under your husband's name for anything, there is no need to give it. As it won't be recorded anywhere.

EdithWeston Tue 31-Jan-17 18:27:42

Mine went through OK, when I filled it all in in my name; and added a note in that other surnames bit to say that my DH's surname is XYZ but that I had never used it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now