Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on this catcalling parody

(7 Posts)
PinkIsRad Sat 28-Jan-17 18:52:56

www.facebook.com/Goubtube/videos/1813782185509104/?autoplay_reason=gatekeeper&video_container_type=0&video_creator_product_type=2&app_id=2392950137&live_video_guests=0

Not sure what to make of it. On the one hand it is rather funny, on the other it's extremely detrimental to the actual situation...

Italiangreyhound Sat 28-Jan-17 20:31:38

Ha ha, it's just a joke. He is making a joke about himself because this does not happen to him and it does not happen to men. AND even if it did it would not be as threatening for a largeish man like him to have women come up and try and talk to him.

So if I were you, I would smile and move on. There are probably funnier versions around too!

Italiangreyhound Sat 28-Jan-17 20:50:04

This is a good report on it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYHQSZWbR04

This one is funnier and is a real reversal (so to speak!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=og2VvNmO90Q

This one is interesting.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWEKD493IxY

But this one is very good...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNZt1T5rAQ

PinkIsRad Sat 28-Jan-17 23:43:12

It may be a joke, but read the comments, a lot of people don't get the joke.

Italiangreyhound Tue 31-Jan-17 16:40:18

Yes Pinks I am not defending it. I guess what I meant was that in my opinion it is not a serious 'look at what women put up with - if it was life this for me'.

Which I think another might do more effectively. I saw a film reversal once, French, and it really was well done. The women in it were scary, the man, pushing his kids pushchair and being sexually harassed and attacked it. It very much made the point this is real for women.

And this one is a man acting the role of a woman and is (I think) very effective and shows how he is genuinely scared.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNZt1T5rAQ

So my comment was not to defend the item but to say it was not serious.

Italiangreyhound Tue 31-Jan-17 16:46:05

I've just checked out some of the comments and there is one woman defending away men's right to call out 'compliments'! Yikes.

Masculism Wed 01-Feb-17 18:29:17

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now