Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anybody there right now?

(13 Posts)
ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:15:20

I'm sorry, should probably post in chat but cant face it. Shaking, just had to make friend leave my flat because of screaming row caused by her being outraged her male friend wasn't allowed into a (women only) feminist meeeting. She was shouting at me calling me sexist.
Also found out that woman who sublet my flat when I was abroad had a convicted paedophile staying here and using my fucking internet. Brilliant.
I cant even think straight right now, sorry

MrsDustyBusty Wed 25-Jan-17 23:17:14

Why did her male friend want to go to the meeting? Why is she going to meetings where she doesn't agree with the ethos?

ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:19:53

Apparently they popped into the libray and it was going on, or something. So asked if could join.

Dilligaf81 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:20:33

I think it would depend on his motives. Was here trying to get in as he is passionate about the movement and wants to help or a bloke who wanted to 'prove' sexism against himself from feminists and is currently posing with his dm sad face ?
The sublet is awful.

MrsDustyBusty Wed 25-Jan-17 23:21:04

How odd of them.

Dilligaf81 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:22:19

So no interest really. What did he hope to get out of it?
I think he should be aware that this meeting could have been a safe place for a discussion and a man pushinh in would just reinforce the fweling that women have to make way for men. I wouldnt have let him in. There are plwnty of meetings that discuss feminist issues that are not women only, find one of them.

Dilligaf81 Wed 25-Jan-17 23:22:45

Is your friend a feminist?

MrsDustyBusty Wed 25-Jan-17 23:23:19

Was here trying to get in as he is passionate about the movement and wants to help

Surely if he had been, he'd have been clued in enough to understand that sometimes the lovely ladies don't need male supervision and oversight in their so-called "meetings".

ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:26:07

I think they were just passing and thought it would be interesting. I've never met him. She is broadly feminist in ideas and so on but wouldn't call herself feminist usually. She thought it was exclusionary to have women only spaces for women to discuss feminism (and black only spaces and so on). I don;t understand why she kicked off so much.
I'm so tired of being surrounded by incompetent unreliable complicated people. In general. Sublet thing I am so pissed off about and so tired of the world having to fucking check and double check everything and feeling I constatly have to watch out because of everyone else's behaviour. If anything comes up on my internet I have proof I was out the country I guess. I just feel so angry and broken and defeated by the whole world right now

ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:27:09

Im so sick of fucking stupid men and their cocks always coming first and women defending them/standing by them/bringing them into MY HOME

ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:28:11

Sorry.

ShakingRightNow Wed 25-Jan-17 23:28:55

I'm sorry, I just need to talk to someone or not be alone right now and cant.

JoantheVampireSlayer Wed 25-Jan-17 23:48:47

I'm sorry you're upset. It can be particularly hard to see a woman working to maintain the status quo. I know I'm guilty of judging other women much more harshly than men when they 'prop up the patriarchy'. It can just be so frustrating when a woman holds views that are damaging to herself and other women and doesn't even realise it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now