Talk

Advanced search

Roman Polanski

(20 Posts)
KanyesVest Tue 24-Jan-17 18:18:00

Poor man, the mean feminists have "deeply saddened Roman Polanski and affected his family,” sad

TheSparrowhawk Tue 24-Jan-17 18:19:37

My heart breaks for him. Everyone knows that not being allowed to judge films is sooo much harder than being raped as a child by a grown man.

TWAT.

StealthPolarBear Tue 24-Jan-17 18:20:37

Oh poor man. Bet next time he'll think twice before having sex with a child.

user1475253854 Tue 24-Jan-17 18:41:23

I'll get out my violin...

msanonymouse Tue 24-Jan-17 19:01:37

He's a scumbag.

EachandEveryone Wed 25-Jan-17 16:44:10

He gives me the creeps

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 25-Jan-17 17:13:16

As one of the comments said

Check out the Hollywood petition that demanded the release and all charges dropped against Polanski.. Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen and Oprah Winfrey are some of the names on it

And Meryl Streep jumping to her feet to applaud him at a ceremony apparently.

BeyondCanSeeTheEmperorsBellend Wed 25-Jan-17 17:15:52

Oh diddums

palebluedotty Wed 25-Jan-17 17:37:48

On a related topic, Ewan McGregor refused to be be interviewed by Piers Morgan this week due to Piers' comments about the Womens' March. But Ewan was happy to work on a film with Roman Polanski.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 25-Jan-17 18:45:24

Basically Piers Morgan isn't cool and creative and he's an easy target. I was not impressed by McGregor's strop.

BeyondCanSeeTheEmperorsBellend Wed 25-Jan-17 18:50:47

I saw elsewhere though that EMG's daughter (s?) was on the march though, so I'd guess it was more a decision to stick by a member of his family and gain a little extra publicity more than a demonstration of the moral high ground

HalfShellHero Wed 25-Jan-17 20:10:20

Oprah winfrey? shock im shocked therd and Meryl..

HalfShellHero Wed 25-Jan-17 20:10:33

*there

MrsDustyBusty Wed 25-Jan-17 20:59:28

Between Polanski and Woody Allen, with the people prepared to work with them, it'd give you the sick.

Twogoats Wed 25-Jan-17 21:08:02

It's a shame 2016 didn't have him on its death list... angry

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 26-Jan-17 01:23:43

And people would have you believe that accusations ruin men's lives. Right.

msanonymouse Thu 26-Jan-17 12:05:28

It so angers me the way certain men are excused of child abuse. And it's usually because they conform to one of two types. Firstly there is the 'tortured artist' whose crimes are assumed to be an expression of psychosexual angst. This is Polanski the great director and holocaust survivor.

Then there is the Dionysian rock God. Bill Whyman is one but we just know loads more of that generation of rock stars would have been taking advantage of scores of underage groupies. They're bad boys and you better "lock up your daughters". Moreover, unlike Saville and Harris et al they're so sexually magnetic that it's entirely understandable if your daughters throw themselves at them, giving them another perceived excuse.

The truth, however, is that they're all fucking selfish perverts.

phoolani Fri 27-Jan-17 16:19:51

Why still the 'accused of rape' shit when he confessed to the rape? Pah. Yep, his life was ruined - he still gets the benefit of the doubt when he admits he actually did it. Ruined.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 27-Jan-17 22:18:43

Why still the 'accused of rape' shit when he confessed to the rape? Absolutely. My point was that a mere accusation of rape was supposed to ruin lives. He ADMITTED to drugging and sodomizing a child and is a 'brilliant genius'.

phoolani Fri 27-Jan-17 23:44:00

Absofuckinglutely. Ruined life my arse. He seems to be doing alright, doesn't he? Just no holidays in the US. Boo fucking hoo. I have less than no time for this brilliant genius shit. Didn't mean to make it sound like I disagreed with you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now