Talk

Advanced search

What do women know about their body and rights

(7 Posts)
quencher Tue 24-Jan-17 16:10:36

Let's imagine seven powerful women signing a legislation that will affect men's reproductive system.
This picture says it all.

M0stlyHet Tue 24-Jan-17 16:59:09

Yes, a hundred times.

(Or as my mum used to say, "If men got pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament.")

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 24-Jan-17 18:09:26

I have been fantasizing this morning about sitting at that desk, surrounded by other women, signing something that told men what to do with their penises. Unthinkable, right?

And yet this is where we are. A man who admits to sexually assaulting women on tape, signing an order to remove support for women.

quencher Tue 24-Jan-17 19:15:46

Mostly your mums is right.

When I saw this yesterday, as a woman, I felted defeated.

SweetGrapes Wed 25-Jan-17 10:25:07

I know! I saw the picture and my heart sank. There's the menz doing what they live doing.
When the taliban got power in Afghanistan one of the first things they did was close all the girls schools and put the women in purda. It's exactly the same - just slightly further along on the spectrum.
Across the world they really hate us! sad

Usermuser Wed 25-Jan-17 10:38:01

I can hardly describe how depressing this photo is. I think it's the insidious normality of it that makes it worse. Men running the world, as they always have, making decisions for women about things they have no experience of, because they are utterly incapable of putting themselves in any position than the privileged white male. Look at any photo of powerful people and it will always be dominated by men. It's sometimes hard to even get outraged because that's the way it's always been and we're so desensitised to it.

palebluedotty Wed 25-Jan-17 18:01:57

Similar to the Taliban, it was the second thing ISIS had in their list of aims too. The first was simply a statement along the lines of 'we are an Islamic State'. The second was along the lines of 'all women to stay indoors unless accompanied by a man and covered up'. Can't remember the exact wording. But the control of women was right up the top above pray every day or the destruction of the West or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now