Talk

Advanced search

Caitlyn Jenner

(9 Posts)
feminazi Mon 16-Jan-17 12:59:23

CJ is apparently one of the only 'celebs' attending Trump's inauguration ceremony this week. I read a few things on Reddit and it's interesting to see how people are reacting. It seems that she dosent have much support in the trans community.

icanteven Mon 16-Jan-17 13:10:59

I'm very much Spartacus, but if I was a transactivist or just plain ordinary trans, I would be fiercely against CJ. I'm not sure she is the remotest help or inspiration for somebody struggling with coming out as trans, and has rather made a mockery of the whole thing.

Didn't she say that the hardest thing about being a woman was choosing what to wear in the morning? Whatever your feelings about the transgender community, I think it's safe to say that being trans brings somewhat more serious daily concerns that what blouse to put on.

10/10 for pissing off precisely everybody with that gem, I think.

LauraRoslin Mon 16-Jan-17 16:44:00

Jenner is about as privileged as it's possible for a trans person to be: she's rich, white and famous, and has the support of her family. Her experience doesn't generalize much to other trans people - which is fine - but she talks about it as if it does, which tends to annoy people.

Datun Mon 16-Jan-17 16:56:22

She also told Ellen DeGeneres that she did not believe in gay marriage - as she was a traditionalist (whilst in a wig, high heels and a surgically altered jawbone).

Ellen was a bit confused

Redrocketship Mon 16-Jan-17 22:41:06

So is CJ so "traditional" that she will be now identifying as a straight woman and date men? I doubt it somehow

feminazi Mon 16-Jan-17 23:22:13

Caitlyn is against gay marriage? That's odd because quite a few members of her family are rumoured to be gay! Even her own daughter!

TitaniasCloset Tue 17-Jan-17 23:19:51

Which daughter?

feminazi Wed 18-Jan-17 08:21:20

Kendall is rumoured to be gay.

TammySwansonxx Thu 19-Jan-17 19:46:57

CJ is an appalling human being, regardless of gender identity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now