Talk

Advanced search

'there are girls with penises and boys with vulvas'

(14 Posts)
roseshippy Thu 12-Jan-17 21:06:07

So says a poster put up at bus stops in Spain (thanks to an American donor), complete with naked line drawing of prepubescent children (two shorter children with vulvas, one with long "girl's" hair, the other with short "boy's" hair, and two larger children with penises, again one each with the 'girl' and 'boy' hair).

I don't quite understand the obsession with small children's genitals; in my experience, children are relatively unconcerned until puberty.

SpeakNoWords Thu 12-Jan-17 23:08:43

Bus stops in Spain??? Are the posters in English? Who is the American donor? It's all a bit, um, odd isn't it...

Beachcomber Thu 12-Jan-17 23:24:54

What this bizarre and creepy campaign says is:

1) We think you can tell what sex a child is by the length of their hair. Hair length is a sex characteristic but genitals are not.

2) We are creepy adults who use children to push our fucked up agenda.

Yes, it's grooming. It's an attempt to socially condition children by using images they will identify with. (And to sell trans ideology to parents.)

roseshippy Thu 12-Jan-17 23:37:08

The donor is apparently a 'New York financier' whose grandmother is Basque (seems rather tenuous to me)

The material is in Spanish and Basque:

www.facebook.com/ChrysallisEuskalHerria/photos/a.636829259794544.1073741829.634727083338095/1043404329137033/?type=3&theater

I am slightly confused by the child second from the right. Are those supposed to breast buds along with the penis? And if so, why? The other children don't seem to have any breast tissue.

Amandahugandkisses Thu 12-Jan-17 23:40:08

That is absolutely disgusting. And I don't say that lightly. Yuk.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 12-Jan-17 23:41:48

Are they only in país vasco, OP? We haven't seen any here, but I did see this in the news.

roseshippy Fri 13-Jan-17 00:14:00

It seems like this group has used this slogan for a while

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=es&sp=nmt4&u=http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/sociedad/ninas-con-pene-ninos-con-vulva-4778869&usg=ALkJrhgFtJ_IHywf9pr6HsfHsqG5tpPwwQ

": we talk about girls with penis and boys with vulva."

"A report from the nursery said that Erika preferred female games. I thought I had a gay boy"

"all the gifts were masculine except mine, but mine could not open them in front of my family.
And she took out her girl clothes. When she returned, when the father told her to get dressed, she replied that she could not. He had made a pile of his boy's clothes: "I can not find my clothes, Dad, I can not wear this one because it's not mine." The father told the mother that he had to go and buy new clothes for Erika and they went there.

The second week, when she wanted, she went to school with a dress. The following letter from Reyes said: "I am Erika for the whole world. Do not bring me boy gifts""

" I bought him boy's clothes, but I knew something was not right. At age 5, Violeta told her she did not want to be a boy: "I want to call myself Sara.""

So basically if you like 'boy' toys, you are boy, and likewise if you prefer to wear 'boy' clothes.

BenLinusatemyhomework Fri 13-Jan-17 00:24:44

Well biology is just a social construct dontcha know? Where as hair length and toy preference are irrefutable markers of sex. Obviously.

My four year old loves disney princesses and insists that her vulva is a penis, I may need a new category for her.

rookiemere Fri 13-Jan-17 14:23:57

Those posters remind me a bit of drawings used in the sects that were popular in the 70s where DCs were basically sexually abused by anyone in authority that fancied it.

Deeply creepy. Is there not some sort of legislation around showing children's genitalia on posters, or do they get round it because it's a drawing rather than a photograph?

roseshippy Fri 13-Jan-17 14:57:51

I don't know about Spanish laws. I don't think there is any law in the UK against naked children specifically - it comes down if the image is sexual or not. There isn't any distinction between drawings and photographs - they are both illegal if sexual.

Shallishanti Fri 13-Jan-17 16:05:43

surely such a poster campaign will backfire, because as Beachcomber says, it completely rests on, and so highlights the assumption that long hair=girl, short hair=boy, and once you become aware you have made that assumption it's a short step to realising that sex=anatomy=biology whereas hairstyle (other markers are available)=gender=social construct

on the plus side, we see the word 'vulva' in a public context

thenumberseven Sun 15-Jan-17 23:22:17

Yes locked out they are only in Pais Vasco and Navarra, nowhere else. Looks like someone hasn't thought this through.

TammySwansonxx Sat 21-Jan-17 14:54:04

Creepy as fuck

ILoveDolly Sat 21-Jan-17 15:09:02

It just doesn't seem right. If your child is deeply unhappy about their biological gender then they do need careful treatment (psychologically) but that is rare. Most children will experiment with societal constructs and have preferences regarding hair, toys, and later, sexuality, that are entirely unique to them. This is another box to put people in. It is not healthy and seems quite sinister to have it as a public campaign

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now