Talk

Advanced search

Danielle Muscato

(175 Posts)
feminazi Sat 10-Dec-16 20:37:27

So, Muscato has been all over the media the past week after having a Twitter rant at Trump. Muscato was praised for being a vocal female activist...

All MSM is reporting this story in the same way, ignoring the elephant in the room...

HeavenOrSpace Sun 11-Dec-16 00:55:33

It's nuts. No one really believes Muscato's a woman but if you buy into the transactivist stuff you've painted yourself into a corner and just have to keep up the lie.

Twogoats Sun 11-Dec-16 19:33:17

Here's a recent picture and a quote for anyone who isn't familiar with Danielle...

Thelilywhite Sun 11-Dec-16 21:26:02

Oh my god words fail me, it's like some sort of sick joke.... except it's not in the least bit funny

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sun 11-Dec-16 21:27:24

Bloke.

CheckpointCharlie2 Sun 11-Dec-16 21:28:29

I'm also lost for words really.
All I know is I am Spartacus.

Amandahugandkisses Sun 11-Dec-16 21:30:40

twighlight zone stuff

LittleStripyBee Sun 11-Dec-16 21:46:32

No no no! If it looks like a duck, swims like a dook, quacks like a dook... this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

LittleStripyBee Sun 11-Dec-16 21:47:24

I have no idea what happened to the 'correction' of my spelling there!

OlennasWimple Sun 11-Dec-16 21:48:33

I'm waiting for this to break when someone decides to shout out loud that the emperor has no clothes....

lalalonglegs Sun 11-Dec-16 22:20:30

Are we absolutely sure that DM isn't the construct of a (very good) social satirist? There just doesn't seem to be any other reasonable explanation.

amispartacus Sun 11-Dec-16 23:05:05

I'd love to know why they think they are a woman...

I would also love to know his reaction to someone offering him hormones and free surgery to make his body at least appear more female on the outside and to get rid of that testosterone and male appendage.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 11-Dec-16 23:24:53

Are we absolutely sure that DM isn't the construct of a (very good) social satirist? There just doesn't seem to be any other reasonable explanation

I found a forum discussing that point. They couldn't decide. I'm not going to link to it as it itself was a very odd forum and I'm not entirely sure what it's raison d'etre was.

It also had a copy of a tweet from a trans woman saying "I'm a trans woman and I don't want to share a bathroom with him"

Datun Sun 11-Dec-16 23:40:54

It also had a copy of a tweet from a trans woman saying "I'm a trans woman and I don't want to share a bathroom with him"

Was there any response to this ?!

TalkingintheDark Mon 12-Dec-16 00:25:59

I've been thinking that DM just has to be a wind up too. How could anyone even begin to take him seriously?

But how can you tell these days? Alex Drummond? The man who said he was a transwoman who presents as a man who spoke up at the Green Party thingy when they asked for more women's voices, and was applauded for so doing? Batshit doesn't begin to cover it.

Who knows anything any more, in this brave new world of doublethink and newspeak and everything turned competely arse-ways up?

TheMortificadosDragon Mon 12-Dec-16 00:26:33

I'm sorry, Dave, calling yourself 'Danielle' and claiming to be a woman does not make you in any way a woman. Maybe you're a man who feels like what he thinks a woman might feel like... but surely you must know thats meaningless? All anyone knows is what it feels like to be themselves.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 12-Dec-16 01:07:33

Was there any response to this ?!

The person who tweeted uses the #GenderMinefield. The link to the tweet is below. I don't understand Twitter and can never work out who is talking to whom.

GenderMinefield on Twitter: "@daniellemuscato I'm a transwoman and I would be uncomfortable sharing a restroom with you. This isn't progressive; it's huge entitlement."
mobile.twitter.com/GenderMinefield/status/722481039210196993

The forum discussing Muscato was Kiwi Farms, Lolcows Cults, Danielle Muscato.

venusinscorpio Mon 12-Dec-16 01:56:35

From reading Gender Minefield's other posts, they sound like a decent sort. I think they have a problem with transactivist polarisation of the trans agenda.

OlennasWimple Mon 12-Dec-16 01:58:35

From a quick flick through the @GenderMinefield twitter account, I'd say she is what TRAs would call "truscum", and for calling out DM by pointing out that there were absolutely no visual clues that she is apparently a transwoman DM decided to block her for "trolling" hmm

OlennasWimple Mon 12-Dec-16 01:59:02

Ah, x-post with venus smile

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 12-Dec-16 02:12:23

GenderMinefield is known to Glosswitch and Miranda Yardley so some of you may also know/know of her.

Twogoats Mon 12-Dec-16 11:13:23

It just pisses me off that Muscato is getting kudos for bring the 1st woman to attack Trump, when he's done nothing of the sort!

I kinda hope that Trump replies... blush

amispartacus Mon 12-Dec-16 11:22:27

I'm sure there are PLENTY of people who've had a go at Trump on Twitter. It's not like he's the first to do it. I really don't get why this is a story.

It would have been a better story if Trump had engaged. But he didn't.

Manumission Mon 12-Dec-16 14:31:19

I'm starting to lean towards the "parody" explanation. If only for the sake of my sanity.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Tue 13-Dec-16 00:47:49

I would not bet on it.

Although if Muscato is genuine (whatever "genuine" means in this context) as he is quite confrontational I'm surprised there are no stories of Muscato being refused access to female changing rooms in shops/ leisure centres etc and threatening to sue/making a big fuss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now