Talk

Advanced search

I apologise in advance....

(7 Posts)
Gingernaut Sun 27-Nov-16 17:25:30

This is a Fail link complete with gif.

Beauty tips for covering those unsightly bruises so you can carry on with daily life.

From Morocco

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3975784/Fury-TV-gives-domestic-violence-victims-make-tips-cover-bruises-carry-daily-life.html

Gingernaut Sun 27-Nov-16 17:26:53

Again, terribly sorry.

I'm on my phone and can't get the link to work. sad

tribpot Sun 27-Nov-16 17:29:43

Here is the story covered by the Graun to save people clicking on a Fail link.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 27-Nov-16 17:29:44

Fury as TV show gives domestic violence victims make-up tips to cover their bruises so they can 'carry on with daily life' | Daily Mail Online
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3975784/Fury-TV-gives-domestic-violence-victims-make-tips-cover-bruises-carry-daily-life.html

M0stlyHet Sun 27-Nov-16 17:38:28

I saw this and was horrified. I'm glad to say it was pulled pretty damn quick due to public pressure from within Morocco.

Xenophile Sun 27-Nov-16 18:04:08

Given Morocco's fairly wanky record on DV and DA, maybe this segment will stir up enough controversy to start some kind of dialogue. Maybe someone could take it from the point of view that, as the authorities do precisely nothing when a woman reports DV/A that at least this (albeit bloody awful) segment shows women one solution.

Xenophile Sun 27-Nov-16 18:04:37

Oh, and before anyone thinks about claiming that I'm fine with the piece, no, I'm not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now