Positive feminism

(8 Posts)
IAmAmy Sat 19-Nov-16 00:58:05

So my parents were out at our local pub tonight and they now have baby changing facilities equally in the men's as the women's, my father happily told me (also positive is my dad is keen to tell me these things). Not sure how well received this thread will be but does anyone else have positive feminist tales to relate, good things which have happened in your lives?

KateInKorea Sat 19-Nov-16 06:53:48

I work in an engineering company and over half the recruits (all of whom are experienced) are female.

IAmAmy Sat 19-Nov-16 08:24:31

That is excellent, I've read quite a bit about women in engineering so great to hear of so many thriving at your company!

M0stlyHet Sat 19-Nov-16 09:22:52

We've got a babychange facility in one of the unisex toilets at work. We have a female head of R&D at the moment. The percentage of female senior managers is still fairly low, but it's more than doubled in the ten or so years I've been working here.

IAmAmy Sat 19-Nov-16 09:25:53

That's always positive to hear! My mum is also a successful senior professional and has seen increasing numbers of women in high positions in her workplace.

I hope this thread is alright and don't mean it to suggest everything's fine, more that it's nice to see good things happening too.

M0stlyHet Sat 19-Nov-16 10:42:30

No I think it's good to have this sort of thread too, personally. I mean, I think we all know each other well enough to know it's not a "rah rah rah, everything's fine, nothing to worry about" thread, but more of a quiet oasis of nice stories in the midst of a lot of stuff we are worried about sort of thread.

IAmAmy Sat 19-Nov-16 10:47:27

Very much so! And I'd hate for it to come across like that not least when women here and around the world have so much still to fight but it's nice to hear of positive things which are going on too.

libprog Sat 19-Nov-16 17:39:09

our team has increased it's female members by 500% in two years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now