Talk

Advanced search

your opinions on this? (trans kid related)

(9 Posts)
marvelousdcomics Thu 17-Nov-16 18:11:41

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNwLzkqcts

The parents mostly mentioned what the child preferred to play with or wear. At the age of 2/3. I don't believe these children knew what 'trans' was when they were that young. Your opinions?

KateInKorea Thu 17-Nov-16 18:15:28

Some version of Munchausen's for a 2/3 year old.

A child with a tenuous relationship with reality (tooth fairy etc.) can be persuaded of anything.

katienana Thu 17-Nov-16 18:15:37

I saw this one of the parents mentioned a child not wanting to be referred to as boy/girl as a baby. How would they even know? What was the reaction? I just don't get it. These interviews never delve deep enough.

Clonakilty Thu 17-Nov-16 19:28:59

Has anyone been watching The Secret Life of X Year Olds? They did 4 year olds last week. One boy wanted to be a mermaid and another a butterfly. Quite boisterous boys, actually.
Who really considers what 4 year olds want to be as genuine? I wanted to be Stan Laurel at that age.

marvelousdcomics Thu 17-Nov-16 20:20:50

Clona, no I haven't but may take a look at it. Thanks for that. It's getting out of hand, and i really feel for 'true trans' people

0phelia Thu 17-Nov-16 22:44:07

Haven't watched it but "transing" children is child abuse.

marvelousdcomics Fri 18-Nov-16 07:17:55

I agree 0philia

Datun Fri 18-Nov-16 17:45:24

Who was that expert ? Someone from Tavistick ?

When she agreed that yes some children do you want to change back, what the hell does that mean?

If the ideology is born in the wrong body, how does that change?!!

Madratlady Fri 18-Nov-16 18:55:23

There's some interesting insights into mermaids on the aibu post. But y'know, we're all genital obsessed transphobes so what do we know wink

You are the op of that thread right marvelous?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now