Talk

Advanced search

Michelle obama's response to Donald trump

(75 Posts)
quencher Fri 14-Oct-16 18:33:00

It should have been Hillary's comeback to Donald trump on the night of the debate, which didn't happen. I found Hillary's response trump not good enough.

Michelle did what Hillary should have done. I watched it with pride that she spoke the truth. However, I found myself cringing every time Hillary's name was me mentioned. Not because I don't like her but because of her husband.
If a woman watched the whole 26mins and still supported trump, then am sure you can't be saved.

I have just posted a link to this video too. grin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ45VLgbe_E

ftw Fri 14-Oct-16 18:36:52

They need to all stop talking and just elect Michelle already. Preferably for life. She's amazing.

BristolLFR Fri 14-Oct-16 18:42:35

Agree ftw she's bloody brilliant

quencher Fri 14-Oct-16 18:43:40

That's what I thought. you forgot Hillary was running during that Whole speech until Michelle name dropped Hillary's every now and then.

EmmaMacGill Fri 14-Oct-16 18:46:54

What ftw said. Micelle Obama is an inspiration

MadisonAvenue Fri 14-Oct-16 18:53:24

Michelle Obama is an incredible woman. I feel sad that the Obama presidency is coming to an end, but hopefully she will stay in the public eye.

EmmaMacGill Fri 14-Oct-16 19:14:09

Just listened to the whole speach. What a woman, I wish she would run for president

Roussette Fri 14-Oct-16 19:20:19

I really rate her. And how sad that the best the US can come up with is HC and DT.

There was a great link that I can't find that talked of what she has done whilst being in WH... quite inspiring

Lweji Fri 14-Oct-16 19:23:00

They need to all stop talking and just elect Michelle already.
Oh, yeah.

And they could have Obama as the WH stand up comedian.

quencher Fri 14-Oct-16 19:26:33

Did anyone watch the sulphur sniff by Barack grin

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/oct/12/demon-barack-obama-sniffs-hand-sulphur-hillary-clinton-video

ftw Fri 14-Oct-16 19:30:07

God, I love them both. Do you think if we asked nicely they'd come and run the UK for a while?

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 19:33:54

Michelle can get away with this whereas Hillary can't. Not that I'm dismissing her speech coz I thought it was fab. Obama is is just in a very different position to Clinton. She isn't running for president and as such is afforded more leeway.

MrsJayy Fri 14-Oct-16 19:34:40

I adore Michelle Obhama just let her be president and be done with it. her speech was amazing truthful and honest Hilary Clinton is so lukewarm and unfeeling her respinse was very clinical.

Goingtobeawesome Fri 14-Oct-16 19:36:47

I guess HC couldn't say much about the sleazy DT when her sleazy husband was right there.

MrsJayy Fri 14-Oct-16 19:37:25

Ah had a thought if Hilary was emotional they would come back at her as an emotianal female . Urgh she cant win

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 19:45:16

Nope!

MrsJayy Fri 14-Oct-16 20:03:26

scallopsgreat you were right Hilary is running for president she had to stay focused i do think Michelles speech was right for Michelle

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 20:05:41

Oh I agree. It was great.

Shallishanti Fri 14-Oct-16 20:05:55

go Michelle

PigletWasPoohsFriend Fri 14-Oct-16 20:10:23

I guess HC couldn't say much about the sleazy DT when her sleazy husband was right there.

Very true.

Heathen4Hire Fri 14-Oct-16 20:12:45

Love Michelle. Barack is a lucky guy.

MsUnderstanding Fri 14-Oct-16 20:30:56

And all of us are doing what women have always done: we’re trying to keep our heads above water, just trying to get through it, trying to pretend like this doesn’t really bother us maybe because we think that.....Maybe we’re afraid to be that vulnerable. Maybe we’ve grown accustomed to swallowing these emotions and staying quiet, because we’ve seen that people often won’t take our word over his. Or maybe we don’t want to believe that there are still people out there who think so little of us as women.

It makes me weep. This is possibly the most feminist speech I've heard a woman in her position make.

quencher Fri 14-Oct-16 20:57:20

Misunderstanding yy to your post.

Would this election be different for Hillary if she had dumped her husband then?

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Fri 14-Oct-16 21:00:12

I have a massive girl crush on Michelle.

OlennasWimple Fri 14-Oct-16 21:02:31

LordRothermere - me too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now