I stand with you

(27 Posts)
FayKorgasm Fri 14-Oct-16 16:13:08

To that poor woman whose life has been made hell and no doubt continue to be made hell, I still believe you and will stand with you.

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 16:23:32

So do I #idontbelievehim

lalalonglegs Fri 14-Oct-16 16:55:13

It seemed to be a case of judicial slut shaming - the clock has been turned back a couple of decades. I can't believe he got away with it - I #dontbelievehim either.

GiveMeRitz Fri 14-Oct-16 17:21:22

Actually I do believe him.. . . . bear with me

I believe that he has no concept of consent.

I believe he thinks he has the right to stick his penis in any woman at any time and she has no right to say no 'cause he's a footballer isnt he.

I believe that he still has no idea that any of what he did was wrong.

I believe that he has now been given a 'free pass'.

I believe that the Court of Appeals; the Judge in the case, and the (at least some of the) jury still fully believe in rape myths.

I believe that this case has set women's rights back decades.

I believe that the brave woman who put herself through 2 trials deserves a medal and I hope she is getting all the support she needs/wants.

I believe that there are some that will see this as 'proof' that women are scum, but I hope that this will wake some people up to how misogynist the world really is.

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 19:51:21

I thought you said you weren't eloquent on another thread GiveMeRitz. That was very eloquent and very true.

Gh05 Fri 14-Oct-16 19:58:23

I think some of the posts on this subject show how misandrist a large portion of women are.

And when a woman can falsely accuse a man of rape (not specifically ched evans but any man on the street) and not even be named afterewards...what does that say about the rights of a man? Or when a woman can get a bit drunk, sleep with a guy and then claim not to remember later so he must be a rapist....

ChocChocPorridge Fri 14-Oct-16 20:13:25

Fuck that Gh05 - we've heard the evidence too, and she doesn't have to say a word (and didn't say a word), we know what he did, and we hold our opinions of it, and that's not misandrist - I know that what he did my partner would never do, I know plenty of men would never do.

I don't hate men, I hate rapists.

ChocChocPorridge Fri 14-Oct-16 20:14:47

Well, unless you're saying my sample of men is unrepresentative, and most men actually would behave that way?

In which case, hell yes, sign me up to the misandry club. Personally, I think that most men are better than that, and don't share your low expectations of them.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 14-Oct-16 21:25:27

I will stand with you

CharlieSierra Fri 14-Oct-16 21:58:08

I will stand with you. #idontbelievehim

WhoKnowsNewName Fri 14-Oct-16 22:08:32

A sad and depressing day to be the mother of daughters.

I stand with you.

Great post GiveMeRitz.

AdmiralData Sun 16-Oct-16 02:36:40

I will echo slightly what choc said. I don't hate men, I hate rapists. I said it on another thread and will gladly say it again: I will stand with you.

#idontbelievehim

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Sun 16-Oct-16 10:24:11

I stand with you and I stand with the tens (possibly hundreds) of women who are starting today not knowing what happened last night or knowing and starting the long road to surviving.

I can not say it to any of you in person but I can set up a regular donation to Rape Crisis so you do have some to support you in person.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 16-Oct-16 10:56:36

I stand by her.

Felascloak Sun 16-Oct-16 20:37:51

Yes ritz.
Don't tell me you aren't eloquent again grin

MostlyHet Sun 16-Oct-16 20:51:45

I stand by her. Brave, brave woman, to go through that ordeal twice. I too hope she has the support she needs.

And I believe the decision of the appeal court and the subsequent decision of the jury are complete travesties, and (not being a lawyer) I completely fail to see why a certain WAG cannot be prosecuted for attempting to pervert the course of justice for her face book messages drawing attention to the 50 grand bribe reward, and pleading with a witness to change his story. (And I salute that witness for having the integrity to turn down the bung!)

gratesnakes Sun 16-Oct-16 22:06:01

There's a go fund me page been set up for her

www.gofundme.com/help-ched-evans-complainant-2uj5pv8

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 17-Oct-16 03:20:15

Thanks. Donated. I'm one of the anonymous.

Xenophile Mon 17-Oct-16 07:45:24

I stand with her.

The donation site is a brilliant idea from a wonderful caring woman, thanks for posting it grate

scallopsrgreat Mon 17-Oct-16 13:18:12

Donated too (and bumped thread).

WhisperingLoudly Mon 17-Oct-16 13:22:23

Also donated.

WhisperingLoudly Mon 17-Oct-16 13:23:01

Which I mention to keep this thread bumped.

It's a public display of the support she has.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 17-Oct-16 15:42:31

Should we get this moved to Chat or AIBU for traffic?

Felascloak Mon 17-Oct-16 16:01:09

There is a thread in one of those about the go fund me already

scallopsrgreat Mon 17-Oct-16 16:34:15

The fund has doubled since I donated just three hours ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now