Symposium for Nordic Model - please tell your MPs

(5 Posts)
Lifejustbounces Mon 27-Jun-16 17:57:01

I’ve just noticed this event on twitter -

‘SPACE International (Survivors of Prostitution-Abuse Calling for Enlightenment) and its partner women@thewell would like to invite you to an important symposium taking place in the Jubilee Room, House of Commons, London, on Wednesday 13th July 2016, 10am-5.30pm, where you can hear the views of sex trade survivors and activists from around the world with regard to legislating for better protection of people in prostitution’

If you support the idea of implementing the Nordic Model in the UK then please write to your MP to encourage them to go to this, even if you can’t attend yourself.

The details (including a template letter to send to your MP) are on the SPACE International twitter feed (@SPACEIntl).

I’m in no way linked to the organisers or affiliated organisations but if you have trouble locating the documents to send to your MP please message me and I’ll try link/send them to you.

PalmerViolet Mon 27-Jun-16 18:00:19

Thanks for the info smile

knit1purl1 Wed 29-Jun-16 22:11:13

Great. Thanks for sharing this information. I have emailed my MP asking him to attend.

LurcioAgain Fri 01-Jul-16 07:59:38

I've e-mailed my MP too - particularly important in the light of this:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677693

sausageeggbacon111 Fri 01-Jul-16 11:57:14

Not sure how they will react to Keith Vaz's statements from the Parlimentary Select Committee Daily Mirror piece

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now