I've made You Guys Proud Today 😄

(39 Posts)
HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:06:04

Out at a beautiful beachside cafe with a jazz band, when two women approached with a tray full of veeeerrrrrry expensive cognac they were promoting. They came to our table and offered it to my DP who doesn't drink at all. So I took a glass just to taste, they told me it wasn't really a ladies drink!!! WTF is a ladies drink??? I didn't know who had to have a fucking penis to enjoy a drink 😡😡😡
This really passed me off so untrue MN style I approached them and said its such a pity who mentioned that it is not a ladies drink as I Really wanted to buy a bottle but unfortunately I don't have a penis as you mentioned was a requirement so I will have to leave it then 🤔 Their jaws dropped and I swished my hair and walked away!!

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:07:09

Geez awful typos there!!! I even read it over lol. Must be the cognac reacting to my vagina!!!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PurpleRibbons Sun 12-Jun-16 13:17:43

Well done you!
I enjoy stodgy puddings e.g. bread and butter or crumble with custard. DH likes chocolatey ones or things like cheesecake. They almost always serve us each others' dessert in restaurants and on one occasion told DH his was "a bit girly"! Apparently your genitals affect what you can eat as well as drink!

Ffitz Sun 12-Jun-16 13:23:01

All I can say is I want to go to that beachside bar with the Jazz and free cognac. I would have taken one no matter what they said and enjoyed it with a cigar.

Knockmesideways Sun 12-Jun-16 13:23:19

Ha ha ha! Well done.

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:24:59

Aaaahh that drives me nuts Purple! I had that too, we went to a steakhouse one evening for supper and we each ordered a steak. When they arrived, I saw my DP's steak was much bigger than mine, so I questioned the waiter and he said that he'd ordered a ladies portion for me and the 500g for my DP!!! I was really angry as he never even asked us what size we wanted and nor were they displayed so I assumed it was one size, but because I was a women, he assumed I wanted the ladies portion when in fact, I eat more than my DP!!

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:26:11

😂😂😂Ffitz. To be fair it's really nice!

erinaceus Sun 12-Jun-16 13:29:28

Well done for raising your voice.

In a similar spirit, when I am too tired to overthrow the patriarchy I sit on the sofa and eat a bag of McCoys man crisps. Ever the rebel.

<Considers opening women-only cafe-bar offering cognac, McCoys and Yorkie bars as some sort of art-commerce-gender commentary. Decides against.>

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:32:14

Here are some pics as I know you guys want to see a cognac serving beach cafe 😂

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:35:03

A couple more

blue2014 Sun 12-Jun-16 13:36:50

There is such thing as a ladies portion steak shockshockshock??

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 13:40:20

Apparently so, it's the 250g or 300g one whatever it is. I was so angry 😡😡😡😡

HermioneWeasley Sun 12-Jun-16 13:42:14

Well done. And also I admire your taste in brandy and steak!

almondpudding Sun 12-Jun-16 13:49:07

Were the different size steaks the same price?!

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 14:03:36

No mine was cheaper, but the point was, is that the waiter assumed I'd want the smaller one and my DP the bigger just because of our sex! If he'd asked what size we'd like, we'd both have ordered the big one but he purely went on assumption, that's what annoyed me. I did have a go at him and said just because I have a vagina, it doesn't mean I eat less!!

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 12-Jun-16 14:23:11

Pity about your thread title tho'. I am not a "guy"

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sun 12-Jun-16 15:30:33

Where is it HairyMoose, it looks utterly gorgeous. I want to be 20yrs younger and to be there grin

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 15:38:00

It's an informal thread Almond. Guys is kind of generic. Ladies or gentlemen are a segregated manner in speech. So safest bet without sounding twatish is just guys which covers everyone.

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 15:42:14

It's Cape Town Underthegreenwoodtree, which is surprising as it's normally very FOR women not against. But they were probably either narrow minded or think it gains them sales hmm. The women doing the promotion were from the actual cognac company so not affiliated with the pub/cafe.

JessieMcJessie Sun 12-Jun-16 15:44:21

I like pints of beer. DH enjoys a gin and tonic on occasion. Waiters always serve us each other's drinks. Even when they have taken the order and heard us each request our own drink. It's all a bit Al Murray "fruit-based drink for the lady" isn't it?

I bloody love cognac and would also have had a go at those women. It's one thing for them to have market stats that tell them more men drink it than women; quite another to actively discourage a woman from drinking it. Actually I'd be emailing the marketing dept of the company and telling them what muppets their so-called promotions staff were; they'll probably send you a free bottle.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 12-Jun-16 15:45:58

It was me who commented on "guys" not Almond. Still not a "guy"

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sun 12-Jun-16 15:47:58

Ah, it looks so, so lovely. I've always found it strange that there should be 'men's' and 'women's' drinks - they're just drinks fgs.

HairyMoose Sun 12-Jun-16 15:49:57

Oh sorry Almond I was in the middle of doing a bank transfer whoops blush. Oh well can't win, the last thread someone said ladies and got stamped on so I tried to play even and still got stamped on 😂😂. I love MN as you can never win lol

JessieMcJessie Sun 12-Jun-16 15:52:03

"You lot" was probably the safest option smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now