Talk

Advanced search

This is getting out of control - Ladyfest

(239 Posts)
Chickpeasandpakchoi Fri 03-Jun-16 19:52:05

Has banned the use of the word 'clitoris' at its feminist festival as it it trans exclusionary.
http://www.feministcurrent.com/2016/06/03/german-ladyfest-clitoris-exclusionary/
I hope it is boycotted by women. How DARE they tell us we cannot celebrate and talk about our female anatomy?

Chickpeasandpakchoi Fri 03-Jun-16 19:53:11

Sorry not sure how to make link clickable!

www.feministcurrent.com/2016/06/03/german-ladyfest-clitoris-exclusionary/

LumpySpacedPrincess Fri 03-Jun-16 19:55:04

Misogyny in a dress is still misogyny. This will get through because all the cool girls will be tripping over themselves to show how utterly down with this they all are. Meanwhile, my rights as a woman are reduced.

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:55:05

I have never ever said that word out loud in my life....and I can't think of a situation where I would need to either...it's a funny old word..maybe I'm repressed

LumpySpacedPrincess Fri 03-Jun-16 19:56:35

Really Petal? What do you call your clioris then?

LumpySpacedPrincess Fri 03-Jun-16 19:57:22

Petal, look in a mirror and say Clitoris 3 times, double dare you! smile

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 19:58:07

Nothing..why would I need to call it anything...I've just never had a conversation with the word in it.....now I have thou

AlistairSim Fri 03-Jun-16 19:59:59

And by doing that, Petal, you are now a TERF!!

Shame on you!

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:00:27

A what? What am I??

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:00:57

Why shame on me?

LumpySpacedPrincess Fri 03-Jun-16 20:01:14

There are lots of times when you need to use the word Petal. What about if your daughter asked you what it's called, would you tell her?

LumpySpacedPrincess Fri 03-Jun-16 20:03:35

I can see there being secret organisations where adult human females gather just so they can call their body parts their real names.

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:07:33

She's an adult herself..ofcourse if it came up in conversation,just never has.....however what drew me to this post was how dare someone tell someone else what words they can't use..that's crazy shit...where do people get off saying,yr not allowed to use that word...I hope all the women going to this ladyfest shout that word loud and proud...

Chickpeasandpakchoi Fri 03-Jun-16 20:08:39

You are right Lumpy, there will be a huge contingent of wide eyed right on women who back this as they're just so utterly desperate to be as progressive as they can. They don't realise they are supporting pure hatred of women disguised in the seemingly liberal, cool cloak of trans equality.

Chickpeasandpakchoi Fri 03-Jun-16 20:09:47

Me too Petal! If it was near me I would go with a megaphone and shout the words clitoris and vagina at the top of my voice!!

LurcioAgain Fri 03-Jun-16 20:10:43

I have a clitoris, and a vulva, and labia, and a vagina, and I'm damn fond of all of them!

And I write erotic fanfiction where I talk about female orgasms, and mention all of them. So nerr to the organisers of Lady*fest (where I presume the * indicates a footnote saying "especially those special ladies with lady penises).

I want transexuals to have the right to go about their daily business without the threat of harrassment or violence, to know they can go into their workplaces and not be discriminated against, etc.

But transactivists who want to erase female biology and female sexuality can fuck right off.

AlistairSim Fri 03-Jun-16 20:11:33

A TERF is a Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist, Petal. It's something trans-activists use as an insult, often followed by "Die in a fire".

They are not well-known for their rationality or smarts.

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:12:20

I'm trying,but yr all losing me.i can't follow ,sorry

NeedACleverNN Fri 03-Jun-16 20:12:47

“Maybe vulvas and vaginas would be seen as less disgusting/offensive if we called them non-penises,” Pintul quipped.

I could see that happening if this carries on angry

DuvetDayEveryday Fri 03-Jun-16 20:12:50

I have no words. Down the rabbit hole we go.

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:17:28

in a male to female sex change ,I'm sure I read they use the end of the penis to make a clitorus....so why would these idiots need to ban the word

PunkrockerGirl Fri 03-Jun-16 20:17:33

Clitoris clitoral clitoris.
My device doesn't recognize the word and changes it to California confused
To be fair Petal I don't feel the need to say the word often either.
But I reserve the right to feel that my rights as a woman, to feel safe in women's spaces are at risk of being eroded.
Trans exclusionary? Fuck off. Putting a frock and a bit of makeup on will never, ever make you a woman. You don't have a clitoris, you never will have one. Deal with it and get over it and quit trying to invade our safe and private spaces.

Petal40 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:18:51

Trans is not a word for asex changed person?

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 03-Jun-16 20:24:55

I'm not certain I've ever said clitoris out loud either, nor vulva, cervix, (apart from in the context of cervical cancer), vagina or ovary ; or discussed them. I assume, although it was a long time ago, the midwives when I was pregnant must have mentioned cervix and uterus to me as did the gynaecologist who did my endometrial ablation. I don't recall having much of a conversation about it.

Vulva cupcakes are every bit as tiresome and unamusing as chocolate willies.

All of that is however completely irrelevant as I can't recall ever having a conversation about say my pancreas , pituitary gland or appendix either but they are all parts of my body and those are their names.

and that being mindful of how female anatomy offends people

I can only hope that lost something in translation. I had a look at the German website but it's beyond my limited German to translate.

PalmerViolet Fri 03-Jun-16 20:26:20

No always, most MtT still have their dicks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now