TheSparrowhawk Thu 28-Apr-16 12:20:35

Oh and...ROAR!

SilverBirchWithout Thu 28-Apr-16 12:21:00

Me!

FreshwaterSelkie Thu 28-Apr-16 12:21:25

Ooh! Ooh! Me!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VestalVirgin Thu 28-Apr-16 12:22:09

I am, sort of. Real feminism, that is, which is a endangered species by now. hmm
Not much interest in fighting the "oppression" of feminine presenting people, which seems to be all the rage nowadays.

NeverEverAnythingEver Thu 28-Apr-16 12:22:21

Me!

What shall we talk about?

I've read a short story from Ursula Le Guin's The Birthday of the World - it's set in a world where there are 16 women to every man, and men are treated like women are here. It's a bit funny. Apparently intellectual thoughts detract from the testicles. And it's described as "men have all the privileges and women have all the power". I'm not quite sure what I think about it all yet, but it's interesting.

TheSparrowhawk Thu 28-Apr-16 12:22:27

wine wine wine wine wine

Plenty more to go around...

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 28-Apr-16 12:22:27

ME!

NeverEverAnythingEver Thu 28-Apr-16 12:23:01

(Not sure fictitious world is real feminism though. blush)

NormaStanleyFletcher Thu 28-Apr-16 12:23:11

<<raises hand>>

VestalVirgin Thu 28-Apr-16 12:25:48

That sounds very interesting, Never. Have you read "A Brother's Price"? It's a cheesy romance novel, with about the same sex ratio, and one of the protagonists is a man who is worried he will have to marry the rude and ugly neighbour girls ... all 20 of them. (He is, of course, rescued by a princess, because as I said, cheesy romance)

VestalVirgin Thu 28-Apr-16 12:26:20

Reading feminist fantasy literature widens the horizon, so I'd say it counts!

TheSparrowhawk Thu 28-Apr-16 12:26:54

As part of my ROAR, I would like to say

FUCK YOU

to any man who tries to tell me what I think or feel.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GreenTomatoJam Thu 28-Apr-16 12:28:37

Ugh, me (hiding here) - I'm trying to raise two nice boys, and working myself, and facing the normal, constant torrent of low-level interference with both because people can't just pull their own weight and let the kids be kids.

2legit2knit Thu 28-Apr-16 12:30:10

Hellooo! <roar>
although today I'm particularly angry about all the dicks buying puppies instead of rescue dogs roar

BadDoGooder Thu 28-Apr-16 12:52:37

Have a bloody loud feminist ROAR from me too.

I don't pist v often, but I read a lot on here, and as a result have become even more of a feminist than I was before finding this board.

I currently have fun by doing some little things, but it feels like subtle defiance in my own way....calling out comments, annoying people by not shaving parts that are normally shaved, and shaving the parts I'm not supposed to childish

I am a SAHM for reasons of practicality, but I wish DP didn't earn more than I could, so we could swap roles.

FreshwaterSelkie Thu 28-Apr-16 12:54:09

While I do enjoy a feminist ROAR today I am feeling more fluffy - so I just want to say THANK YOU and dispense some big bosomy feminist hugs to the smart, witty and wonderful women here. I bet you all have great hair too wink flowers

BadDoGooder Thu 28-Apr-16 12:54:36

*I do pist a normal amount......I meant post grin

TheSparrowhawk Thu 28-Apr-16 12:54:56

My leg hair is quite a sight to behold, right enough grin

FreshwaterSelkie Thu 28-Apr-16 12:56:21

Oh! that was a x-post with BadDoGooder - I was talking about hair on heads, not hair anywhere else, ha ha!

NeverEverAnythingEver Thu 28-Apr-16 12:57:16

Vestal I haven't read "A Brother's Price". Will check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now