Talk

Advanced search

Match.com adverts

(7 Posts)
MyUsernameDoesntHaveNumbers Fri 22-Apr-16 17:05:01

I saw a match.com advert last night featuring a lesbian couple. All good so far but I was surprised that the advert showed them removing eachothers clothes. This doesn't happen when they show heterosexual couples and I can't help but think this was done for 'titilation' and to me seems very sexist because of this?
I mean the men and heterosexual women stay clothed in their adverts but the so called 'male fantasy' of seeing two women getting it on in their underwear seems to me to be sexist.
I realise that I am not explaining myself well - recently had surgery and still on powerful painkillers!

WellErrr Fri 22-Apr-16 17:18:16

I get what you mean and I agree.

MummyBtothree Fri 22-Apr-16 17:24:08

Yep me too, I agree.

Grimarse Fri 22-Apr-16 17:58:55

What if it titillates women too? Is it sexist then?

MyUsernameDoesntHaveNumbers Fri 22-Apr-16 18:02:18

The point isn't who it titilates rather that it is only women who are getting their kit off.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Peyia Sat 23-Apr-16 02:53:38

I agree with the sex part, completely unnecessary but also inconsistent with their general message of serious, long term and loving relationship as the ad struck me as a booty call and better suited to Tinder dating.

Perhaps it was used purely to titilise but I don't think it's exclusive to women/lesbians when there are ads like these:

Disclaimer: perfume ad with heterosexual couple and plenty of zoom in shots of the males crotch.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zLrUJY4D5Bc

I think everything and everyone is over sexualised these days, and I'm no prude. I find nothing is private. The imagination can be a wonderful and powerful thing if we are left to wonder instead of sex being shoved in our faces.

Don't get me started on the Herbal Essence ads....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now