Talk

Advanced search

There's always a woman involved - Larnaca

(10 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Tue 29-Mar-16 16:19:43

I'm going to work so won't be here to comment but, urgh, www.youtube.com/watch?v=vikbYM5lt78 WTF?

MatildaBeetham Tue 29-Mar-16 16:22:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MarthasHarbour Tue 29-Mar-16 16:24:22

I can't watch as it will give me the rage but I read it on the BBC website.

WTF was he thinking? To add insult to injury he said this whilst the siege was ongoing.

I have no words.

grimbletart Tue 29-Mar-16 17:25:35

Yes, well of course. We are responsible for every single bad thing in the world aren't we. What a prat.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Tue 29-Mar-16 18:42:38

I am not in a place where I can listen to the video but where is anyone blaming women in general or his wife for this?

“He’s not a terrorist, he’s an idiot.” – actual statement from Egypt foreign ministry.

itllallbefine Tue 29-Mar-16 18:49:08

The question that elicited his response was as almost as silly "was it about a woman?"

TrojanWhore Tue 29-Mar-16 19:05:37

That press conference has been disavowed in the later ones.

No-one is blaming women or a woman.

There are threads in In The News, Chat and AIBU about this, which was fair enough whilst events were unfolding. It's now hours since the senior officials contradicted this.

The official who misspoke is probably wishing he'd never been born by now.

AuntieStella Tue 29-Mar-16 19:08:14

Actually, does anyone know the precise chain of events?

Had any official briefed anything at all about the hijacker's motivation before that, now discredited, answer? Or was the person who asked this question the first person to come up with it?

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 29-Mar-16 19:38:46

That press conference has been disavowed in the later ones. I should bloody hope so. It was casual, pretty awful, sexism. For a joke. At the expense of women. During a siege.

If you can't trust yourself not to say fucking stupid, sexist things, don't speak in public.

Theydontknowweknowtheyknow Tue 29-Mar-16 20:47:29

I think the stupidest one was the person asking the question. Ridiculous question. His was an off the cuff response but I guess it depends whether he has form or not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now