Talk

Advanced search

Letter to head teacher

(4 Posts)
sashh Wed 23-Mar-16 06:43:46

So yesterday a year 11 student wanted to write a letter to the head about school rules and uniform requirements.

I think I channeled a little bit of all of you in helping her. She knew things were/are wrong but couldn't articulate it so thank you feminism board for giving me the language to express why a rule is wrong. I may disclose contents of letter at a later date but not now.

But part of me is a bit down. The young woman in question was scared about being sanctioned for raising the issues and to be honest I was too about helping her.

I am leaving this school at Easter so I know they can't sack me (well they can but you know what I mean) but as a supply teacher I do not want to be seen as a trouble maker because I need to work.

The head is actually quite approachable and when I had a meting about a couple of other things I told him the school is sexist and he did listen and said he would have a look at the things I was highlighting (after he got over being insulted and thinking I was accusing him of being sexist).

Anyone help me reason why I feel this way?

EElisavetaOfBelsornia Wed 23-Mar-16 06:50:01

You were fearful of the consequences for you of doing the right thing, but did it anyway. Twice! That's pretty amazing.

slugseatlettuce Wed 23-Mar-16 06:56:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MidnightHag Wed 23-Mar-16 06:57:41

Are you able to tell us what the issues raised are?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now