Talk

Advanced search

Sisters, please help. I don't know how to survive.

(7 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

edieowen Tue 05-Jan-16 23:28:35

Dear feminist chat.
I don't know where to go with my situation.
I'm a russian young feminist who currently lives in London.
During the past 2 years, I was getting abused by my stepfather. Now he's throwing me away from the house.
I don't know how to survive.
I'm very scared but I'm also looking for the ways to keep fighting.
I was trying to find a room in London to move there. But most of the ads I saw were from men who are looking for sex in exchange.
Maybe a feminist sister could take me. I can do cleaning, cooking, etc. I have no pets, I don't smoke, don't drink. I can help with the bills as I'm planning to get a job in London. I'm also looking for a lovely fair roommate who would not throw me away (this is the main reason why I don't trust men).
I'd be very thankful for life if someone could take me.
I'm in despair. I don't know where to go and what will happen to me tomorrow.
Thank you so much.

PalmerViolet Wed 06-Jan-16 00:27:28

Can you find the number for your local women's aid?

They might be able to help you.

I'm very sorry for your troubles.

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Wed 06-Jan-16 00:51:46

I agree, try to get in touch with Women's Aid. Also Shelter may be able to help with finding somewhere to stay and getting any help available. (Sorry, I don't have specific numbers, but they should be online).

Also have you considered going to the police about your stepfather? They might also be able to help you with getting some support and finding organizations that can help with somewhere to stay.

Were you living with other family too or just with him? Also how old are you?

Please do be very careful about asking or accepting offers of help from random individuals, especially online, they could be anyone after all and it will likely be obvious to them that you are vulnerable just now. Better if you can to get help and advice from the organizations who are there to help with this sort of situation, like those above.

I have to go now, but do keep safe. flowers

uglyswan Wed 06-Jan-16 02:01:05

OP, please call the National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247 as soon as you can. Calls are free.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Jan-16 13:51:04

Hello OP
Sorry to hear about this - we would recommend as the other Mumsnetters have suggested that you seek RL help regarding this.
​We do advise all our members to be aware that not everyone on t'internet is who they say they are, and that, although we're awed daily by the astonishing support our members give each other through life's trickier twists and turns, we'd always caution anyone never to give more of themselves to another poster, emotionally or financially, than they can afford to spare.

DeAtHnOtE Wed 06-Jan-16 17:05:13

Please do be very careful about asking or accepting offers of help from random individuals, especially online, they could be anyone after all and it will likely be obvious to them that you are vulnerable just now.

This. For the same reason I'd go further than 'not everyone on t'internet' and say answering an ad for a 'lovely fair roommate' who is also a feminist (that well loved group) sounds like a 'an introductions on how to get murdered by a serial killer' guide.

Crispbutty Sun 10-Jan-16 00:39:31

Try looking on spareroom.com. There are lots of rooms in shared houses in London in all female households.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now