Talk

Advanced search

Two incidents' in quick succession...

(8 Posts)
NowSissyThatWalk Sun 20-Dec-15 15:20:58

I was walking down a busy shopping street today. Walked past a charity collector who holds out a leaflet and says 'You're gorgeous love. Can I give you one?.....................................a leaflet that is' I ignored and carry on walking.
Literally two seconds later I walked past a man who hocked up and spat on the floor right by my foot. I looked visibly disgusted, the man said 'What's your problem? Your face is disgusting'
Just thought I'd share. Made me feel really fed up sad

Hiddlesnake Sun 20-Dec-15 15:23:15

Men are dickheads. Opinionated dickheads.

NowSissyThatWalk Sun 20-Dec-15 15:27:10

Well, these men certainly were at least.
I suppose it was made all the more obvious because of how quickly they happened, literally my appearance commented upon by strange men twice within a minute.

Instantly judged on your appearance as pretty/ugly and therefore worthy/unworthy respectively. Frustratingly common and so ingrained a thought process that the comments come to their lips instantly when confronted with a woman in their midst/thoughts.

mudandmayhem01 Sun 20-Dec-15 15:49:08

Not much you can do about the disgusting spitting man, but I wonder if a charity might be interested in their fund raiser sexually harassing someone in the street?

NowSissyThatWalk Sun 20-Dec-15 19:36:59

Yes mud I did wonder that, can't remember the charity anymore but I think they are there quite regularly.
Thanks for the replies, wondered if I was being oversensitive.

venusinscorpio Mon 21-Dec-15 10:11:18

You're not being oversensitive. It wears you down, especially when it happens more than once in a day.

VestalVirgin Wed 23-Dec-15 12:58:22

Ugh, that charity collector should get some lessons on how to advertise for charity - he is doing it wrong. If I were in charge of that charity, I'd probably kick him out. It is bad for their reputation, after all.

Of course you aren't oversensitive. Do you think men have to cope with that sort of thing? (If I am unsure of whether I expect to much, I always ask: "Do men get what I want for myself?" If they do, then I am not being unreasonable)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now