Talk

Advanced search

Tara Hudson- Interview on the 6pm BBC news

(30 Posts)
kua Mon 07-Dec-15 18:28:22

Just watched Tara being interviewed on the BBC 1. TBH given that she was let out of prison last week I'm surprised it's taken this long..

Imustgodowntotheseaagain Mon 07-Dec-15 18:48:47

I wonder if there's a compensation claim being prepared.

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 07-Dec-15 18:51:03

Tara doesn't seem particularly remorseful in this interview in the Bath Chronicle:

m.bathchronicle.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Transgender-suicides-broke-heart-says/story-28313134-detail/story.html

So it's ok to head butt someone if you've been verbally abused, and anyway, the victim exaggerated the extent of his injuries.

PlaysWellWithOthers Mon 07-Dec-15 19:09:03

Iirc, there were broken bones involved. How does one exaggerate the extent of broken bones ffs?

Although why I'm expecting an habitual criminal to tell the truth is beyond me

GreenTomatoJam Mon 07-Dec-15 19:15:14

She said that because the victim said he needed root canal treatment he must be lying (because it's only done on back teeth.. perhaps she should talk to my dentist, because I've had a root canal done at the front..) - then suggests that she doesn't have the forehead of the elephant man (!) so the dental work and broken nose is exaggerating...

Tara shows very little self awareness in the article -

Girls show their emotions, they cry and they self harm but males when they have got a problem they just let it out with violence.

Says the person who head-butted someone.

PlaysWellWithOthers Mon 07-Dec-15 19:18:23

Tara pretty obviously has zero self awareness, they exude no self awareness from every pore.

They are an extremely violent, habitually violent, person.

Imustgodowntotheseaagain Mon 07-Dec-15 20:50:20

Speaks volumes that the way to deal with one person's fear of rape in a male prison is to move that person, and their penis, into a women's prison.

PlonitbatPlonit Tue 08-Dec-15 18:04:21

"I saw one guy punch another prisoner and his face blew up. He had to go to hospital and we never saw him again. It was just not appropriate." Am I being dense....but this is someone who has a custodial sentence for head butting someone to the point that he required surgery, and she is asking to be protected against the sight of a prisoner hospitalising another prisoner?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Tue 08-Dec-15 19:43:25

Self-centred, dishonest and totally lacking in self-awareness. But has big (fake) tits so must be a woman. Ffs.

howtorebuild Tue 08-Dec-15 21:34:20

Tara has very clear deep rooted problems dealing with the reality of who she is and I am not thinking about the gender issues.

LauraMipsum Tue 08-Dec-15 21:47:29

I also noticed the dissonance between "I shouldn't be in prison with men because they're violent" and "Yes I head butted a man so hard he needed surgery but he was exaggerating."

She may as well have gift wrapped that, tied a bow on it and sent it to Germaine Greer for Christmas.

I'd also be a bit cautious if I were her about stampeding around the place proclaiming that the victim deserved it and was lying, because that would be enough to get her recalled to prison for breach of licence (the standard terms include not doing anything which "undermines the the purpose of the licence period.") Publicly slating your victim tends to undermine the rehabilitative purpose of the licence period...

howtorebuild Tue 08-Dec-15 21:49:10

www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Shauna-Hoare-confided-transgender-Bath-prisoner/story-28313215-detail/story.html

howtorebuild Tue 08-Dec-15 21:51:06

Celeb big brother, Mark my words.

ShortcutButton Wed 09-Dec-15 19:25:06

surely there is some legislation to stop released prisoners telling tales about prisoners still in prison??

What the hell is wrong with the WDP? How insensitive. That's not a story, its just gossip

howtorebuild Wed 09-Dec-15 19:58:52

I guess as SH has been found guilty and has nobody, no friends, estranged from family and isn't the brightest, nothing will be done.

ShortcutButton Wed 09-Dec-15 21:13:27

I was thinking a bout it more from the perspective of the family of Becky watts

LassWiTheDelicateAir Thu 10-Dec-15 00:45:18

Celeb big brother, Mark my words

Probably. I've never seen it. Tara is getting her 15 minutes of fame. Is there no-one else noteworthy in Bath?

Having seen the interview I do think a male prison was the wrong place for her. She should have been treated in the same way as a violent female prisoner would have been.

I expect no-one will agree but she's quite pretty. I do wonder however what Tara's life will be like as she gets older.

What long term effect would taking large amounts of hormones and earning your living the way she does have on one's mental and physical health?

BrokenGirl1 Thu 10-Dec-15 01:52:35

Wow, she has some pretty ignorant views on mental health.

ShortcutButton Thu 10-Dec-15 06:26:21

What relevance does being prett, have?

Are you saying that she was atvrisj because she was pretty lass? That she should be in a women's prison because she is pretty?

If so, what are your views on housing ugly TW prisoners? confused

LassWiTheDelicateAir Thu 10-Dec-15 08:58:07

Oh for goodness sake is it a crime to think someone is pretty? No relevance other than I thought she was. She looked , in the interview anyway , as if she passes as a woman.

ShortcutButton Thu 10-Dec-15 10:14:08

I agree, she is fairly pretty. It was a genuine question, i don't/didn't understand the relevance

Your post read to me as if after seeing the interview, you thought she should have been housed in a women's prison because she is pretty

PlaysWellWithOthers Thu 10-Dec-15 10:29:41

Tara believes they should be held in the women's estate because they believe they are too pretty to be incarcerated with other men as well. Of course the cock they get paid to fuck men with is neither here nor there... maybe they should imprison all people according to their fuckability?

And yes, I am being facetious.

SomeDyke Thu 10-Dec-15 12:08:36

Tara seems to think anyone who says they are a woman (or at least anyone who looks pretty and has been 'living as a woman' for sufficiently long? Or not even that in the case of the prisoner who was convicted of three counts of attempted murder, and only decided this summer they were trans?), should not have to go through even the fairly minimal current GRC panel, and instead just go to lady-prison cos they say so.

The current GRC legislation does not mean that surgery or hormones are required. So, the prisoner in question could be a totally intact male (with a 7-inch surprise), whatever breast implants they may have. Since I assume inquiring into their exact physical state would be intrusive, seems to me the authorities have no option but to house transwomen in the female estate if they ask for it, but keep them in isolation because you cannot assume they are not intact males, and you cannot assume they are 'straight' in their own terms. Hence unless we want to see the possibility of prisoners in womens jails becoming pregnant..................

I don't for a moment expect the actual conclusions of the current review to be this sensible. Since the GRC legislation has insisted that we go down this rabbit-hole, WHERE are they going to draw the line? If not at GRC, or even actual physical state, then we have very little left, and the pretty with boobs criterion might as well apply as anything else..................

VestalVirgin Thu 10-Dec-15 12:20:16

I hope some woman lowly uterus-bearer will sue soon against being imprisoned at all, as such holds a high risk of rape, and might lead to a pregnancy she has not consented to.

And I hope she wins.

If men can sue against being imprisoned with men, then women should be able to do the same, and as women-only prisons do no longer exist ... actual women are now too female for any prison. Sorry.

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Thu 10-Dec-15 12:46:50

Honestly I think the best thing that can happen with the GRC review is that Tara Hudson appears on something like "celebrity" BB shortly before it kicks off.

Can anyone imagine her being able to keep quiet about her 7 inch surprise or her past as a ts sex worker? I imagine viewers would be quite shocked to realise that a fully intact male prostitute with a history of violence had managed to convince anyone that they belonged in a woman's prison.

It may just be the one thing that breaks through the misinformation and biased agendas of the BBC et al and wakes the general public up to what exactly they're imposing on the female prison population.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now