LyndaNotLinda Wed 25-Nov-15 16:06:42

grin

MissBattleaxe Wed 25-Nov-15 16:08:20

what's a non binary person?

SisterMoonshine Wed 25-Nov-15 16:09:21

People like Jack Monroe.

Mrsfrumble Wed 25-Nov-15 16:11:36

And, your point is?....

Not you OP, but addressed to the Facebook poster. Why does it matter how the tampon user identifies? Unless the implication is that an unnecessary tax on men matters more than an unnecessary tax on women.

UmbongoUnchained Wed 25-Nov-15 16:11:38

See I thought my DP was just being a prick today but it must be PMS...

MissBattleaxe Wed 25-Nov-15 16:17:06

I think the nit picking in the Tweet is detracting from the fact that sanpro tax is discriminatory. Are we going to have to stop saying Women and start saying Uterus Owners in order to include every variation of person who is affected by tampon tax?

MrsLeighHalfpenny Wed 25-Nov-15 16:18:33

men have periods too.

No, they don't.

MissBattleaxe Wed 25-Nov-15 16:23:00

If men had periods they would probably get 5 days period leave every month.

We women are expected to put up with it, pay extra for the luxury of using tampons and pads, take painkillers, try not to be depressed or moody and not talk about it in polite company.

MissBattleaxe Wed 25-Nov-15 16:23:28

and carry on as normal as if its not happening.

AbeSaidYes Wed 25-Nov-15 16:26:21

yes I have outed myself. thank you for those who noticed.
will delete

AbeSaidYes Wed 25-Nov-15 16:30:20

picture again as I have asked them to delete the other one!

SweetAdeline Wed 25-Nov-15 16:36:16

If you are the actual poster in Twitter, you haven't deleted enough.

sugar21 Wed 25-Nov-15 16:38:54

Clearly if men had periods tampons would be on free prescription.

PlaysWellWithOthers Wed 25-Nov-15 16:57:51

Of course men don't have periods. What a bloody stupid idea.

People with cocks also shouldn't be anywhere near women's refuges or women's rape crisis help.

Until the government gets off it's collective arse and does something about male violence, then all refuges, shelters etc for men, women and trans* people should be funded by central government. Preferably out of Phillip 'wanker' Davies personal finances.

reni2 Thu 26-Nov-15 01:02:07

Maybe men could use tampons to stem the flow if they suffer from bleeding hemorrhoids.

howtorebuild Thu 26-Nov-15 01:05:24

A Man once said to me 'never trust someone who bleeds for five days and doesn't die" shock

hogbreath Thu 26-Nov-15 05:39:58

Which men have periods?

OneMoreCasualty Thu 26-Nov-15 06:13:25

Trans men born with uteri and vaginas, hog.

hogbreath Thu 26-Nov-15 06:21:56

But wouldn't the hormones they take to transition stop the menstration?

OneMoreCasualty Thu 26-Nov-15 06:33:18

Not all trans people have started a process of transition. Some self-define as trans, wear clothes more associated with the other gender but never have hormonal or surgical treatment.

dontcallmecis Thu 26-Nov-15 08:06:20

Some trans men don't take them hog. Some trans men fall pregnant and birth children. Because trans men are female.

BeyondThirty Thu 26-Nov-15 08:12:33

On the 'not all women have periods'. Do you know what? I dont often get periods (mirena). Its hardly rare for women to not get them - no pregnant women currently have them and women over approx 55 dont get them. But do you see us whinging that we arent included in this, or are we supporting along with our fellow sex? That is what is annoying me about this, the need to bring the special snowflake cause to the front of everyones attention again

MissBattleaxe Thu 26-Nov-15 10:24:54

not all women have periods true, but ONLY women have periods. Except trans men who still have a uterus, ovaries and a vagina because they are still awaiting the operation or maybe have chosen not to have it etc
-but you can't really put that on a placard.

AbeSaidYes Thu 26-Nov-15 10:33:51

many women between the ages of 45 and 55 use twice as many sanitary products because their periods go on for day and appear more frequently as they go through peri-menopause. Yhis more than makes up for when they stop having to buy them altogether!

I've seen a few 'what about trans/non-binary' people posts. It's so tedious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now