Talk

Advanced search

Russian all-female space crew simulating moon mission are asked by journalists about... men and make-up.

(6 Posts)
CoteDAzur Fri 30-Oct-15 20:00:09

The six-woman team have been locked away in a mock spaceship for eight days to see how they interact.

But before they embarked on the test mission, which simulates a flight to the moon and back, the women - who all have backgrounds in medicine or biophysics, and will be expected to perform 30 scientific experiments during the simulation - were asked how they would "cope" without men and cosmetics for eight days.

FFS hmm

TooOldForGlitter Fri 30-Oct-15 22:58:27

I saw this. No words. As if male astronauts are asked how they'll cope without a handy BIC and a woman. No, they're real scientists.

NeverEverAnythingEver Sat 31-Oct-15 08:15:57

Their replies are pretty good though.

“I don’t know how we’ll survive without shampoo. Because even in this situation, we really want to stay looking pretty.”

grin

AgonyBeetle Sat 31-Oct-15 08:21:22

Yup. Cos obviously that's all they would care about.

The crews of the women's boats in last year's Boat Race repeatedly had to fend off journos asking them about their boyfriends and what their friends thought of their bodies. Cos obviously it's only ok to be strong and fast if you're pretty and don't put off the boys.

FFS

MommysNotTalkingToday Sat 31-Oct-15 11:29:04

Human beings are intelligent enough to be capable of space travel, but women still get asked shit like this. Depressing.

VestalVirgin Sat 31-Oct-15 11:42:39

Oh, darn, here I was thinking they were simulating this for a movie.

Can we please have a movie about an all-female space mission, where the journalists' stupid questions are mocked thoroughly?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: