Talk

Advanced search

Male friends feeling "ENTITLED" to touch women

(8 Posts)
HaleyLondon Wed 28-Oct-15 14:41:37

A male friend insists on touching his ex gf whether it is attempts to hug tickle or put an arm around her in public.She has spoken out saying she let him know how creepy it was when her other ex bf played with her hair and tried to stroke her neck.The male friends reply was that because he had dated her longer than the other ex bf he was entitled to touch her when he wanted in public when she said it made her feel uncomfortable.Do any other women here recognise men's use of the term "entitled" to excuse their behaviour and feel they possess their exes consent when it is officially wthdrawn?????

scallopsrgreat Wed 28-Oct-15 16:14:49

Yes a lot of abusive men display this. It's part of the control carrying on after the relationship. Not just confined to touching their exes, although that is more overt and explicit. I've read plenty of threads on here where exes come into the house when picking up the children and shit in the toilet. Regularly.

Awful territory/possession marking. Your poor friend sad. I'd be worried if I was her how far he'd be willing to cross her boundaries if he doesn't take any notice of them in this instance. He is assaulting her. At what point will he take notice of her?

scallopsrgreat Wed 28-Oct-15 16:15:57

Oh the man is your friend. I misread. I think you need to be seriously considering your friendship with this man.

BuffytheScaryFeministBOO Wed 28-Oct-15 16:26:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CultureSucksDownWords Wed 28-Oct-15 16:34:24

I hope he isn't going to be your friend for much longer and that you tell him why.

EBearhug Wed 28-Oct-15 22:18:10

He wouldn't be entitled to touch her even if he wasn't ex. Consent isn't just about sex.

MidnightRed Wed 28-Oct-15 22:25:16

Nobody is ever 'entitled' to touch anyone else. Jesus. He thinks becuse she has, in the past, consented to him touching her that he should be able to touch her whenever he likes? Your friend sounds like a twat of the highest order.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Wed 28-Oct-15 23:03:23

Just wrong, so wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now