Talk

Advanced search

Companies to be forced to reveal bonuses as part of pay transparency

(4 Posts)
slugseatlettuce Sun 25-Oct-15 09:19:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EBearhug Sun 25-Oct-15 19:57:45

I agree. At our place, bonuses are a percentage of annual salary. So if you're on £50K and your colleague is on £40K, and you both get 10% bonus, that's another £1K difference on top of the £10K already between the two salaries.

rubyontherocks Sun 25-Oct-15 21:26:43

It will be interesting to see how this is done. Where I work, total compensation is split between bonus (in stock) and base salary. And bonus is a substantial part of my income so I don't think that publishing one without the other is necessarily very informative. Also, there are so few women here (tech!) that I wonder whether the numbers will really mean anything. E.g. If there are 250 employees but only 20 are women and only 10 of those are technical, the numbers will almost certainly look terrible.

The article promises more details to be announced.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Mon 26-Oct-15 07:27:06

Well it sounds like a good idea. Where I work bonuses are based on achievement of targets.
So you would really need to look at whether the targets were set fairly and that everyone had an equal opportunity to achieve them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now