Strippers and prostitutes provided in nursing home

(33 Posts)
NiNoKuni Tue 29-Sep-15 20:56:23

Article here

Nonetheless, Barrow claims the practice has the support of Chaseley's staff, who said they might otherwise be sexually harassed by the residents — some of whom are as young as 18 years and have neurological conditions.

"If you have a resident who is groping staff, one way of resolving that problem is to get a sex worker in who is trained to deal with that situation,"

Actual sexual scapegoats.

So many things wrong with this, but I'm despairing too much right now.

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Sep-15 20:58:00

Does this not make them pimps?
Article is almost 3 year

StealthPolarBear Tue 29-Sep-15 20:58:21

Years at wonder if they're still doing it

Starspread Tue 29-Sep-15 21:01:36

I suspect this has been sensationalised, like all Sun reporting. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with people in care homes having a safe outlet for their sexual desires, and there are sex workers who've chosen to combine their work with (for example) therapeutic skills and want to work with people who otherwise wouldn't be able to safely have a sexual connection with anyone.

NiNoKuni Tue 29-Sep-15 21:02:36

Oh, I didn't even see the date, it came up on FB!

SisterMoonshine Tue 29-Sep-15 21:03:02

I think the pumps thing is why they got into trouble for it and it got stopped.
If the residents were physically able to do the booking themselves it would have been different.

SisterMoonshine Tue 29-Sep-15 21:04:07

Pumps! Haha
Pimps

NiNoKuni Tue 29-Sep-15 21:05:53

OK, I am despairing a little less now blush

abbieanders Tue 29-Sep-15 21:41:43

I sincerely doubt there was any evidence that providing prostitutes stopped residents from groping staff.

After all, many men with partners are apparently unable to prevent themselves behaving like pigs.

Elendon Tue 29-Sep-15 23:02:09

I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with people in care homes having a safe outlet for their sexual desires, and there are sex workers who've chosen to combine their work with (for example) therapeutic skills and want to work with people who otherwise wouldn't be able to safely have a sexual connection with anyone.

I would hate that my parent would have their sexual desires seen to in a care home by a sex worker.

Could you define 'sex worker' to me? I've just arrived from the planet Zorg. In Zorg no one is called a 'prude'.

ALassUnparalleled Tue 29-Sep-15 23:39:33

The comments are depressing apart from a couple of exceptions.

SisterMoonshine Wed 30-Sep-15 08:11:04

Elendon, it's not an old people's home. It's for younger adults with disabilities, injured soldiers etc.

DiscoGoGo Fri 02-Oct-15 17:48:44

I saw this at the time, haven't reread it. I think there was a thread.

I seem to remember that the people running the home made a big thing about how they carried out risk assessments for the residents to check it was all AOK for them. But the other at risk group in the scenario - the women they were calling in - there was no mention of whether any "risk assessments" were being done for them even though they are coming from a group where there are often vulnerabilities, risk of harm etc.

DiscoGoGo Fri 02-Oct-15 17:49:56

Was this the one where there was a suggestion that some of the male cared for people were sexually inappropriate and even violent and so they got women in to deal with that? Or was that somewhere else, or something else?

DiscoGoGo Fri 02-Oct-15 17:53:11

Old thread about similar or possibly the same

HubertsBirthdayStick Fri 02-Oct-15 21:22:46

There was a thread about this and it was mental

PlaysWellWithOthers Fri 02-Oct-15 22:21:27

Elendon, it's not an old people's home. It's for younger adults with disabilities, injured soldiers etc.

The CQC would tend to disagree with that.

CQC inspection

CQC inspection

Although, their website suggests differently... not sure who to believe. Probably the CQC.

www.chaseley.org.uk/

SisterMoonshine Sat 03-Oct-15 08:50:47

PlayWell, the CQC report is listing those who the home cares for and it includes over 65 year olds who require nursing care.

PlaysWellWithOthers Sat 03-Oct-15 09:38:44

Ah! That would explain it! Thanks for clarifying.

poyujava Tue 06-Oct-15 01:28:16

If what goes on is between consenting adults then I would suggest keeping your man-hating nose where it doesn't belong.

poyujava Tue 06-Oct-15 01:28:51

I mean out of where it doesn't belong

babyiwantabump Tue 06-Oct-15 01:51:16

Can anyone link to the article ?

poyujava Tue 06-Oct-15 01:51:46

Looks like someone's forgotten how to use Google.

babyiwantabump Tue 06-Oct-15 01:51:56

Oops - missed the link in th OP blush

poyujava Tue 06-Oct-15 01:53:38

Let's all write and complain to our MPs about this! It is most outrageous that consenting adults who aren't married or in love with each other are having sex in private! I cannot see what they are doing and it does not affect me in any way but as a feminist I feel it is my duty to stick my nose into the business of what other adults do in private.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now