Talk

Advanced search

You know the Donald Trump menstruation thing?

(14 Posts)
ludovica Sat 08-Aug-15 17:42:55

Misogyny

Well that's what my mother does to me. Every time I try to stand up to her or express an opinion or just not do what she wants. And it is fucking offensive. That's all I wanted to say. I just can't be arsed to discuss Donald Trump and I just came here to moan about my mum, and remind myself that someone who cared about me wouldn't actually say that. I know she hates me, but when she says that stuff it seems to be that she hates all women.

I am menopausal and have horrific, debilitating periods too. She has been no support whatsoever. If I need to have surgery I don't think I will be able to have it, because to her it will just be evidence that I am unhinged because of my periods. Hateful.

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 08-Aug-15 20:07:31

That sounds so undermining ludovica, also cruel.

It's one method of undermining women and, for me, it's up there with calling women "hysterical" and "over emotional."

achieve6 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:25:11

ludovica, i posted a general thread on Trump if you're interested

meanwhile, I'm confused

your mother thinks you are inferior because you are a woman and you have periods? Or does she have this default idea that you are hysterical because she doesn't agree with you on things?

how awful for you flowers

achieve6 Sat 08-Aug-15 20:25:59

sorry, only just computed that you don't want to talk about Trump (fair enough, thank goodness he has a comedy name & hair really).

LassUnparalleled Sat 08-Aug-15 22:40:46

OP please do what you need to do medically. Ignore her. It's none of her business.

As for Trump- he's awful. No redeeming features at all.

FishWithABicycle Sun 09-Aug-15 22:11:02

Assuming you aren't afflicted with something awful that brings menopausal symptoms before the age of 18 - what on earth influence does your mother have on what medical treatment you get?

Sorry that she's horrible to you but you are a grown up now and you can choose not to take it.

Trump is of course an arse.

ludovica Mon 10-Aug-15 13:49:38

It's not so much that she has an influence, it is more that she is so unpleasant about everything. So the more she knows about me the more ammunition she has. I don't tell her stuff, but she will look in my wheely bin for used tampons etc as "evidence". I just mean it would be hard to conceal going to hospital from her so by going for surgery I am inviting more abuse from her. Lumpy, you are spot on with the "hysterical" and "over emotional".

I menstruate therefore I am unstable and not to be listened to.

AskBasil Mon 10-Aug-15 19:42:12

She looks in your wheely bin for used tampons?

She's fucking deranged

AskBasil Mon 10-Aug-15 19:42:52

And she's got the cheek to say you're unhinged.

shock

Vatersay Mon 10-Aug-15 19:45:34

If you need surgery have it and don't tell her.

Even if she finds out (and how would she) she doesn't need to know what its for.

Btw looking in your adult daughter's bin for evidence of anything is really, really not normal behaviour.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 11-Aug-15 15:33:06

Do you live with your mother?

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Tue 11-Aug-15 15:41:21

Your mother is the problem here, not you or a male, American Katie Hopkins

couchparsnip Wed 12-Aug-15 22:14:41

She sounds insane. She obviously knows how to press your buttons and gets some kind of pleasure from belittling you. Is there any way you can limit contact because toxic people like that aren't good for your self esteem at all.

PuntasticUsername Thu 13-Aug-15 08:38:52

So out of you and her, you're the only mad one as she's never menstruated herself, obviously? Ok then.

So sorry op, that sounds horrible thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now