Talk

Advanced search

First time ever making an actual complaint

(15 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Tue 21-Jul-15 13:16:29

I'm totally incensed.

Ive just emailed a complaint to the Bbc about sexist commentary during the final shot of the Open (golf)

Peter Alliss said about Kim Johnson (during her dh's winning putt) that she was looking on anxiously probably hoping to get a new kitchen if he won angry

NowSissyThatWalk Tue 21-Jul-15 14:53:19

Oh my god, did that actually happen???

Ouchmybloodythumb Tue 21-Jul-15 15:00:39

Do it Laurie

That's disgraceful.

I hate the BBC so much.

Anniegetyourgun Tue 21-Jul-15 16:06:09

It was mentioned on Woman's Hour on R4 earlier. They said as carefully as possible that Mr Alliss is 84 so it might be considered a generation thing. Funny, I thought dinosaurs died out a lot more than 80 years ago...

BakingCookiesAndShit Tue 21-Jul-15 20:14:34

Oooh! I wonder if she has to give him a blow job to get a new hoover as well!

But yes, we really don't need feminism anymore....

angry

tribpot Tue 21-Jul-15 20:17:46

If he's 84 and he can't follow broadcasting standards, perhaps they need to find someone who can?

WallyBantersJunkBox Tue 21-Jul-15 20:34:54

I got such a palm off from the bbc after that NYE play where a woman gets a male guest drunk and tries to force him to have sex with her in the upstairs bathroom while his pregnant wife sat downstairs.

Apparently I was the only person in the world who found it inappropriate, it was a joke and that in BBC terms I should just eff the Jeff off. hmm

But defo complain. It took a gazillion goes with Clarkson, but they got there in the end.

Anniegetyourgun Wed 22-Jul-15 19:58:40

Clarkson had to actually assault someone before any notice was taken, though. If he'd just gone on being unfunnily offensive he'd still be there, never mind how many complained.

WallyBantersJunkBox Wed 22-Jul-15 20:11:33

Sadly, yes.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-15 20:16:39

I had a response

"Dear [name removed]

Thanks for contacting us regarding our ‘Golf: The Open’ coverage on the 20 July.

We appreciate you getting in touch with your concerns.

Peter made a light hearted comment which was inappropriate and we apologise if anyone was offended.

Thanks again for contacting us. We value your feedback, all complaints are sent to senior management and programme makers every morning and we included your points in this overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your complaint has been seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future programmes.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided."

I view that as feeble. And hate the if you took offence instead of actually saying it was offensive.

WallyBantersJunkBox Thu 23-Jul-15 00:18:41

Sounds similar to my bloody fob off hmm

Raasay Thu 23-Jul-15 00:23:43

Why say 'if anyone was offended' when presumably your compliant indicated that you were in fact offended.

partialderivative Thu 23-Jul-15 11:59:33

I view that as feeble. And hate the if you took offence instead of actually saying it was offensive.

Some may argue that offence is taken rather than given.

BakingCookiesAndShit Thu 23-Jul-15 12:01:18

Some may argue that offence is taken rather than given.

And they'd be wrong.

partialderivative Thu 23-Jul-15 12:21:44

Maybe I should have stated 'Some may argue make a reasoned argument that offence is taken rather than given.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now