Talk

Advanced search

Jan Moir - apparently legislation to protect women from assault has gone too far!

(21 Posts)
InnocentWhenYouDream Fri 26-Jun-15 17:44:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InnocentWhenYouDream Fri 26-Jun-15 17:49:19

glenthebattleostrich Fri 26-Jun-15 17:52:24

Jan Moir is a professional troll. Who can forget the charming piece she did on Steven gately after his death?

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 26-Jun-15 17:53:42

Yes its vile, there's a thread on aibu too. Moir has outdone herself.

noddingoff Fri 26-Jun-15 18:09:17

"Are you thinking what she's thinking?"
No.
As usual.

InnocentWhenYouDream Fri 26-Jun-15 18:10:45

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Fri 26-Jun-15 18:19:34

ProfessionaI troll, yes I just can't understand why anyone would provoke in this way? Its clearly for boosting sales, does she honestly believe what she's writing do we think? I don't even like giving her publicity on here but I'm so shocked. I suppose she must do. Grim.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 26-Jun-15 18:26:50

The way it's written (from the cut and paste DM on another thread) the consent issue has been brushed over. The way JM wrote it, you would assume that this woman got into bed with someone who she had previously consented to BDSM type stuff with, he continued in that vein and then afterwards she complained.

Instead, it sounds like he repeatedly assaulted her, while she said no and cried. And he laughed.

It doesn't take a lot of brains, if you aren't a misogynist, to wonder why she would have gone to the Police if she; liked BDSM; liked him; consented. It makes no sense. While 'drunk, violent person assaulting someone' is hardly unusual.

LegoComplex Fri 26-Jun-15 22:53:15

i saw that.. wasn't able to face reading that bullshit.

HarryV Sat 27-Jun-15 08:17:04

By her own confession she took a person who was blind drunk to bed. I doubt he was sober enough to consent & if this was the case, I am left wondering why she has not been charged with a sexual assault.

ClaudiusMaximus Sat 27-Jun-15 08:23:05

HarryV Sat 27-Jun-15 08:31:02

In a sense, I get the ridiculousness of each assaulting the other, although that fallacy would make my point. If he was blind drunk, why doesn't he receive protection in law against someone taking advantage of his drunken state for their own sexual gratification? He wasn't capable of giving consent and if sex took place before the assault then I no matter how I look at it I can't get why her actions don't constitute a sexual assault.

InnocentWhenYouDream Sat 27-Jun-15 08:51:58

InnocentWhenYouDream Sat 27-Jun-15 08:52:31

InnocentWhenYouDream Sat 27-Jun-15 08:59:58

HarryV Sat 27-Jun-15 09:01:02

Innocent, obviously, I can't ask the cops, but I'm also not convinced the police have such a strong track record of charging the correct people in these cases that I accept them not charging her as a total vindication of her actions.

For clarity, I am not suggesting her assaulting him somehow cancels out him assaulting her. He evidently did assault her and was convicted accordingly.

My concern is separate from his conviction.

HarryV Sat 27-Jun-15 09:05:39

Sent last post too soon...

As a though experiment, I don't believe that if I took a girl who was blind drunk to bed and she bit me so hard as to leave me crying & bruised, that the outcome would be as clear cut as an assault conviction for her. I could be wrong, but I that's where I'm coming from.

HarryV Sat 27-Jun-15 09:07:06

Anyway - thanks for engaging with my point. I won't be posting anymore.

YonicScrewdriver Sat 27-Jun-15 09:10:28

Harry, the man was not blind drunk. Please read the facts of the case and not the opinion of some publicity grubbing columnist. Thanks.

InnocentWhenYouDream Sat 27-Jun-15 09:25:07

BakingCookiesAndShit Sat 27-Jun-15 11:04:26

My guess is that he did read it and that's why he's not posting anymore. It's difficult to maintain your what about the menz position when it's been shown that you had no point and weren't acquainted sufficiently with the case to start with. FWIW, if she had assaulted him repeatedly and laughed as he cried, she would have quite rightly been prosecuted. She'd probably also have got a stiffer sentence, given the stats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now