Talk

Advanced search

My Top 5 Favourite Cars for Females

(35 Posts)
olivaceous Tue 23-Jun-15 07:08:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ifyourehoppyandyouknowit Tue 23-Jun-15 12:35:35

I find that the focus has a nice, high, driving position, which makes it much easier for women because we steer with our tits.

And what a vile colour for a car?!

olivaceous Tue 23-Jun-15 14:40:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

UptoapointLordCopper Tue 23-Jun-15 14:57:15

WTF!?

shaska Tue 23-Jun-15 23:41:33

Someone's hoping for a free car, no?

Aim higher, buddy! Chuck a jag on that list!

HarrietSchulenberg Wed 24-Jun-15 00:07:20

Hahaha, there's even a pic of a pink car just to reassure us that it's for us.

reminds of the Viz Top Tip for women drivers to keep a dustpan and brush in the boot so we can clear up the glass after all those little prangs.

DadWasHere Wed 24-Jun-15 07:39:55

Aim higher, buddy! Chuck a jag on that list!

Jag is on a different list. Forbes via Google says: "The woman behind the wheel of the Jaguar XF is an educated and highly successful woman. She surrounds herself with the finer things in life and is equally as likely to be single or married."

Hmm... drives a Mercedes:
"This woman demands respect. She is a successful, independent thinker with discerning tastes. She is not shy about what she wants, likes to make bold statements and is driven to succeed."

Ahh, most excelent, the Luxus:

"Behind the wheel of this car is a married mother who is a college-educated professional and takes great pride in herself and her accomplishments. She surrounds herself with luxurious things because she has the money to pamper herself. But she doesn't make frivolous purchases; she wants luxury that fulfills a purpose and performs a function."

I am sure a Volvo must be in here somewhere.... yep:

"The woman who drives this car is often in her 30s, college-educated and likely isn't status-conscious. She is more concerned about the welfare of her family and friends than about image."

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 07:47:56

I fancy trying a HGV ... Anything on that?

scallopsrgreat Wed 24-Jun-15 09:22:56

I fancy one of these - Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

<misses the point of the thread>

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 09:27:31

I know a woman who has a Giulietta. Said it drinks petrol. But didn't ask her about the colour. shock What a failure I am as a woman!

thedancingbear Wed 24-Jun-15 09:33:30

[ducks into FWR to dispense manly view on cars, also missing the point of the thread]

I had one of these scallops, I concur that it was too thirsty, and was not reliable. I had all sorts of gyp with the clutch. Lovely to drive though

[ducks back out again]

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 09:37:20

But what was the colour?

scallopsrgreat Wed 24-Jun-15 10:54:50

Oh I've had an Alfa before (in my yoof). Serious gas guzzlers, incredibly unreliable, but still...

Mine was blue. A pale blue. It blew up (not literally - in fact the engine just seized) on the M5. RIP.

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 24-Jun-15 11:57:38

Perfect car for this woman would be a Jensen Interceptor.

HGVs are fun to drive, bastard for parking in town. Armoured Personel Vehicles are the best, loads of room for the kids shite and the shopping, plus you can park the thing anywhere, even on other vehicles, so I'll get me one of those.

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 24-Jun-15 12:00:14

Had an Alfa once that had a tiny problem. The engine cut out when you went at 82MPH. A touch disconcerting when on the autobahn, I can tell you.

They couldn't fix it either.

Clutch was shocking as well.

I think it believed it was a Delorian in a past life. Never again.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 12:05:43

I like the idea of parking on other vehicles. grin

But I'm actually quite good at parking... It's keeping the bloody car clean that is a problem. We need a self-cleaning car. Like a self-cleaning oven (which is always a rather alarming concept).

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 24-Jun-15 12:56:18

Self cleaning ovens are fine.

What happens is an army of gnomes (female ofc) come with teeny tiny scouring pads once a week and give you oven a good going over. All the 'self-cleaning' function does is prepares tiny shoes and clothes out of the scraps of food on the bottom of the oven.

True story. <nods sagely>

BreakingDad77 Wed 24-Jun-15 13:33:32

We need a self-cleaning car

Well next time your at the petrol station grin

www.facebook.com/radioglobo/videos/10152202488686444/?pnref=story

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 14:23:15

Did she do what I think she did? shock shock

Even taking the car to a car wash is too much effort...

AMcoffeeLover Wed 24-Jun-15 16:04:22

........i drive a pink car and I like it. She's called The Pink Panther. My proudest moment was overtaking a Lamborghini last week......I need to get out more!

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 16:07:17

(Puffins have finally lost it.)

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 16:07:35

has!!!

PuffinsAreFictitious Wed 24-Jun-15 18:40:30

It's been a long time coming. But yes.

scallopsrgreat Wed 24-Jun-15 19:22:28

Parking on things would be incredibly useful when dropping DS2 at nursery. Can I borrow your APV, Puffins? That would give the council something to do grin.

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 24-Jun-15 19:40:20

We now have a parking warden outside the school gate keeping an eye on the parking. People attempt to park on the zigzag, on the corner, on the pavement. But so far no one has tried parking on other people's cars yet ... It would be a new transgression.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now