Advanced search

Please come and help me out!

(23 Posts)
tbtc Fri 12-Jun-15 16:34:41

I need some help getting my point across on this thread in chat:
M&S jigsaw. Not a single woman!

Or maybe I really am being uptight?

LassUnparalleled Fri 12-Jun-15 19:51:34

I've replied on other thread but I can't really see on a phone but what makes you think the figures with the exception of the sumo wrestlers are all male?

How are you determining that figures wrapped up in snow gear for the skiers or wearing prorective headgear for the riders for example are any sex rather than just generic people?

tbtc Fri 12-Jun-15 20:06:37

Hmmm, that's a very good point actually. I've looked more carefully and do actually see a woman playing golf!

It's true, that for the ones covered up (baseball, motor racing) you can't tell, so I suppose the issue is that where you can tell the gender, they are all male (golfer woman aside).

Maybe that's it, all the women are in protective gear.

LassUnparalleled Fri 12-Jun-15 20:38:52

Many of the figures are indeterminate from the photo you posted. One of the runners in the silver suit looks female.

It's obviously quite an old design so I'm not surprised the football player aren't obviously female.

InnocentWhenYouDream Fri 12-Jun-15 21:14:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InnocentWhenYouDream Fri 12-Jun-15 21:15:01

tbtc Fri 12-Jun-15 22:48:25

Thanks to those who popped over to the chat thread and turned it into a proper discussion.

I have no idea when it was made, I borrowed it from the library.

DS and I looked at it again today, trying to spot the women. I am glad to say he didn't really think it was an issue either way, it was just what it was. I am confident that I am a very good role model for women doing sport and I'll be a far bigger influence on him than a jigsaw puzzle.

Italiangreyhound Sat 13-Jun-15 00:29:46

You are right to complain to M and S.

This jig saw puzzle has women in it. Not a lot, but some.

www.amazon.de/Sports-Legends-Jigsaw-Puzzle-Ultimate/dp/B003XIHT9G

I will post this on your other thread.

WifeBeater69 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:17:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Egosumquisum Sat 13-Jun-15 08:21:10

RufusTheReindeer Sat 13-Jun-15 08:25:17

6 word post with 3 words misspelt

Way to go wife

Is that actually a record for most words misspelt?

RufusTheReindeer Sat 13-Jun-15 08:28:34

ego

In wife- defence, maybe she just misspelt 'bichon'. As in bichon frise??

You are on the wrong thread wife, you want the doghouse

Egosumquisum Sat 13-Jun-15 08:37:29

RufusTheReindeer Sat 13-Jun-15 08:54:16

Oh I know ego grin

BigChocFrenzy Sat 13-Jun-15 13:35:33

On a site where many abused women come for support, that user name is grossly offensive and I have reported it.
Different views are fine, but making fun of - or gloating about - violence against women is unacceptable.

PuffinsAreFictitious Sat 13-Jun-15 14:38:10

tbtc Just a small word of caution... the women who post in FWR are often accused of 'ganging up' on people who don't 'toe the party line'. We're also accused of putting out calls for people to do this 'ganging up' upon. I get that your intentions were good, and I personally have no problem with women asking other women for support, but I'd hate for this to become further grist to the 'everyone in FWR is a cow' rhetoric which some want everyone to believe, and even post about on flouncing threads.

PuffinsAreFictitious Sat 13-Jun-15 14:38:48

Oh, and wifebeater's just a cunt, ignore it grin

tbtc Sat 13-Jun-15 19:17:37

Ermm, what's FWR?

Egosumquisum Sat 13-Jun-15 20:51:13

LassUnparalleled Sun 14-Jun-15 00:19:04

I'm surprised MNHQ have only deleted the offensive comment but left the offensive name. Can they really not remove the entire post?

PuffinsAreFictitious Sun 14-Jun-15 00:20:32

Sorry tbtc... what Ego said smile

tbtc Sun 14-Jun-15 07:02:58

Thank you for the clarification. puffin maybe it's something to do with the deleted post but I am not sure why you are giving

tbtc Sun 14-Jun-15 07:04:57

...sorry, got surprised by a Batmobile!

Anyway, I am not sure what the word of caution refers to. Or is it just general?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now